Controls - How to set height of nested galleries dynmically
When working with sets of nested galleries, it may be necessary to specify a variable height for each instance of a child gallery in order to avoid empty white space or scrollbars. This post provides an example of how to carry out this task.
Barcodes - How to scan barcodes - a summary of the 3 available barcode scanning controls
Power Apps provides 3 different controls for scanning barcodes. How do these controls differ and what are the circumstances in which we would use each control? Read this post to find out more.
Controls - How to create multi-line tooltips or multi-line text input control hint text
If you're stuck on how to insert line breaks in tooltips and hint-text for text input controls, here's a quick guide on how to accomplish this.
Controls - How to add a clickable image / image button
A simple and common requirement is to add a clickable image. This post describes how to carry out this task including how to display the hand-icon when the user hovers over the image.
Controls - Restrict text input control to whole numbers only
With text input controls, there's no native way to restrict data entry to whole numbers only. This post describes a technique that we can use to limit input values to integers or whole numbers only.
Controls - How to submit a form (or to run formula) when a user presses enter/return on the keyboard
There is often the requirement to submit a form or to carry out an action when a user clicks the enter or return key on the keyboard. This post describes a technqiue we can use to carry out this task.
Controls - How to create rounded labels - workaround
There's no built-in way to round the corners of a label, however, we can workaround this problem by using a text input control instead. This post describes this technique in more detail.
Controls - How to enter and display Office/Microsoft 365 email addresses with a combo box
When building data entry screens, a common requirement is to simplify the entry of email addresses by providing a combo box that displays all the email addresses that are available throughout the Microsoft/Office 365 tenant. This post describes the formula to build and configure this type of combo box.
Gallery control - How to set no selected item in a gallery
There are cases where we want to clear all selected items in a gallery control, or to configure a gallery control so that no items are selected on load.This post describes how to configure a gallery control to behave in this manner.
Model Driven App - How to apply an input mask to a text input field
Unlike canvas apps, a feature of model driven apps is the inclusion of a masked input control. It may not be obvious how to apply this feature so in this post, we'll walk through the steps.
Controls - How to reset or clear data entry controls, and form values
When building data entry screens, a common requirement is to add a button that clears, or resets data entry controls back to their default value. This post describes the technqiues that we can use to carry out this task.
Controls - How to Transition/Show/Hide controls with a Sliding Effect
There's no built-in way to hide/show controls with a transition effect. The best workaround I suggest is to use a technique by Mr Dang. In this post, I highlight this technique and explain - what is an easing equation?
Gallery Control - How to Paginate Data
Here's the best sample app that shows how to page and add previous and next buttons to a gallery.
- What AI features are coming to Power Apps 2023?
- Formula Editor - Why should you enable the new formula bar? Old vs New compared.
- Text - How to split input strings by carriage return followed by the colon character
- Certifications - How to renew Miorcosoft certifications for 12 months
- Formula - How to display a count of grouped non-blank and blank rows
- What's new in the updated Maker Portal navigation menu? A comparison of Old vs New
- User Group - UK Reading Dynamics365 and Power Platform User Group Meetup Dates 2023
- Controls - How to set height of nested galleries dynmically
- 2023 Release Wave 1 - The 5 best new features planned for Power Apps 2023
- Power App Makers can now create up to 3 Developer Environments per user!
- Save the Date - Powerful Devs Conference February 15 2023
- First UK Reading Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Group meeting
- Dataverse - How to create Entity Relationship diagrams
- Data - How to group data in a gallery and calculate sums
- Dataverse - How you can more quickly bulk update data using the SQL language
- Dataverse - How to fix the bug in the 'Business Rules' editor that prevents numeric values from saving
- Training - List of Virtual Training Day Events in January and February 2023
- Barcodes - How to scan barcodes - a summary of the 3 available barcode scanning controls
Author, software developer,
Power Platform specialist