With text input controls, there's no native way to restrict data entry to whole numbers only. This post describes a technique that we can use to limit input values to integers or whole numbers only.
Controls - How to submit a form (or to run formula) when a user presses enter/return on the keyboard
There is often the requirement to submit a form or to carry out an action when a user clicks the enter or return key on the keyboard. This post describes a technqiue we can use to carry out this task.
There's no built-in way to round the corners of a label, however, we can workaround this problem by using a text input control instead. This post describes this technique in more detail.
When building data entry screens, a common requirement is to simplify the entry of email addresses by providing a combo box that displays all the email addresses that are available throughout the Microsoft/Office 365 tenant. This post describes the formula to build and configure this type of combo box.
There are cases where we want to clear all selected items in a gallery control, or to configure a gallery control so that no items are selected on load.This post describes how to configure a gallery control to behave in this manner.
Unlike canvas apps, a feature of model driven apps is the inclusion of a masked input control. It may not be obvious how to apply this feature so in this post, we'll walk through the steps.
When building data entry screens, a common requirement is to add a button that clears, or resets data entry controls back to their default value. This post describes the technqiues that we can use to carry out this task.
There's no built-in way to hide/show controls with a transition effect. The best workaround I suggest is to use a technique by Mr Dang. In this post, I highlight this technique and explain - what is an easing equation?
Here's the best sample app that shows how to page and add previous and next buttons to a gallery.
- Formula - Transposing/converting rows to columns- an almost impossible task?
- Charts - How to create donut charts
- Settings - The easiest way to find environment id and other settings
- Admin - How to quarantine or block all users from running a specific app
- Learning - Learn Power Apps through the free Microsoft Virtual Training Day events (and receive a free exam)
- Formula - How to round times to the nearest x minutes
- Formulas - Review of how to write formulas using natural language
- Licensing - Microsoft 365 licensing price set to increase in March 2022
- SharePoint - Filtering lists by User() is now delegable
- Dates - How to get the start date from week number
- Data - How to remove/delete a field from a record
- Numbers - 10 examples of how to round numbers
- Dates - How to check if a year is a leap year
- Dates - How to get the week number for a given date
- Dates - How to get the nth weekday for a month
- Dates - How to get the last weekday for a month
- Forms - How to calculate values (eg sums and products) and store the results in SharePoint or other datasource
- Sums - How to calculate 'year to date' or running totals