Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
This post describes how to build a component that allows users to enter numbers with a connected set of slider and text input controls. It also describes how to incorporate the component into a screen with an existing edit form.
Do you want to use the new Power Apps Tab List control but don't know how? If so, this post provides some practical examples of how to use this new control.
When working with sets of nested galleries, it may be necessary to specify a variable height for each instance of a child gallery in order to avoid empty white space or scrollbars. This post provides an example of how to carry out this task.
Power Apps provides 3 different controls for scanning barcodes. How do these controls differ and what are the circumstances in which we would use each control? Read this post to find out more.
If you're stuck on how to insert line breaks in tooltips and hint-text for text input controls, here's a quick guide on how to accomplish this.
A simple and common requirement is to add a clickable image. This post describes how to carry out this task including how to display the hand-icon when the user hovers over the image.
With text input controls, there's no native way to restrict data entry to whole numbers only. This post describes a technique that we can use to limit input values to integers or whole numbers only.
Controls - How to submit a form (or to run formula) when a user presses enter/return on the keyboard
There is often the requirement to submit a form or to carry out an action when a user clicks the enter or return key on the keyboard. This post describes a technqiue we can use to carry out this task.
There's no built-in way to round the corners of a label, however, we can workaround this problem by using a text input control instead. This post describes this technique in more detail.
When building data entry screens, a common requirement is to simplify the entry of email addresses by providing a combo box that displays all the email addresses that are available throughout the Microsoft/Office 365 tenant. This post describes the formula to build and configure this type of combo box.
There are cases where we want to clear all selected items in a gallery control, or to configure a gallery control so that no items are selected on load.This post describes how to configure a gallery control to behave in this manner.
Unlike canvas apps, a feature of model driven apps is the inclusion of a masked input control. It may not be obvious how to apply this feature so in this post, we'll walk through the steps.
When building data entry screens, a common requirement is to add a button that clears, or resets data entry controls back to their default value. This post describes the technqiues that we can use to carry out this task.
There's no built-in way to hide/show controls with a transition effect. The best workaround I suggest is to use a technique by Mr Dang. In this post, I highlight this technique and explain - what is an easing equation?
Here's the best sample app that shows how to page and add previous and next buttons to a gallery.
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work
- Errors - What to do when creating an app with the 'start with data' feature fails
- Text - How to display text with striked/crossed out formatting
- Editor - How to Bring Back the Data Panel in Older Apps
- Microsoft Build 2023 - Best highlights for Power App Builders
- Error - How to fix the "This app isn't opening correctly" / "InsufficientActivePlanForApp" message