This post describes the formula to merge or combine separate columns from different tables/collections into a single table.
A common requirement is to transpose records in Power Apps - in other words, to convert rows to columns or columns to rows. This post discusses this topic and provides an example of how to carry out this task.
From time to time, it may be necessary to rename a field name in a record. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
A common requirement to show multiple distinct columns, or to hide duplicate rows in a gallery control. This post highlights a technique to carry out this task.
If you want to build an app that retrieves, displays, aggregates, and saves news articles, one way to acomplish this is to use RSS. This post describes how to retrieve content by using the RSS connector in Power Apps.
A challenge that we may encounter is, how can we sort a table/list of records by a number that partially appears in a field? An example of where this could occur is where we want to sort manufacturing product descriptions that contain the numeric part number, and we want to sort by the numeric portion of this text. This post describes the formula we can use to carry out this task.
A common question from app builders is, how do we return the last record from a table? The reason for this question is because the Last function may not return the expected record. This post examines this behaviour and describes the most efficient way to return the last record from a table.
When building apps, it's useful to be able to populate tables with dummy or test records so that we can test and see how our app behaves. This post demonstrates formula to generate multiple records with random values, and how to add those records to a table.
If you're thinking of using Power Apps to connect to MySQL or PostgreSQL databases, here are 3 things you should be aware of before you start.
How easy is it to migrate the data source of an app from from Excel to SharePoint? This post describes the steps that are needed to carry out a data migration, and provides a demonstration by walking through the steps to migrate the sample Service Desk app from Excel to SharePoint.
When building apps that collect data, a common requirement is to prevent the entry of duplicate records. This post walks through how to accomplish this task by demonstrating how to enforce unique email address values in an employee table, and how to enforce a unique combination of firstname and surname for each record.
In general, mobile/4G data is more limited and expensive compared to Wifi. Therefore, a question that some app builders want to know, particularly in cases when they start exploring Power Apps is, how much data does a typical Power Apps use?
Power Apps provides a connector to retrieve and to add Google calendar entries. The syntax for this connector isn't very obvious so in this post, we'll walk through an example of how to display contacts in a gallery control, and how to add contacts to a Google account.
Power Apps provides a connector to retrieve and to add contacts that are stored in Google. The syntax for this connector isn't very obvious so in this post, we'll walk through an example of how to display contacts in a gallery control, and how to add contacts to a Google account.
Is your SQL Server data as secure as you think? If we create a shared 'implicit' connection, our database may be more open than we think. In this post, we'll look at how users can exploit the security vulnerability that is associated with this connection type.
- Formula - How to calculate compound interest
- Data - What to do when the data panel is missing in designer
- Editor - How to save and overwrite an existing app in Power Apps
- PCF - How to get the IP address of the client
- Demo app - How to save data like a pro - Southcoast Summit Presentation
- Error - How to fix "Sign-in to continue" loop problem in the model driven app designer
- Colors - How to convert Power App colors to hex
- Templates - Discover UI inspiration ideas through community Power App templates on Figma
- Dates - How to calculate UK tax weeks
- Pages - Timer control now available in model app pages
- Data - Combine columns from separate tables into a single table
- Microsoft Ignite 2022 - Highlights and summary of Power App announcements
- Utilities - The best way to peform OCR on images of Power Apps Formulas
- Colors - How to get darker or lighter shades of a colour
- PCF Components - What to do when strange errors occur when calling NPM commands
- Controls - How to create multi-line tooltips or multi-line text input control hint text
- Designer - How to better collaborate with other app builders using the new comments feature
- Apps - How to open Power Apps MSAPP files - 2022