In general, mobile/4G data is more limited and expensive compared to Wifi. Therefore, a question that some app builders want to know, particularly in cases when they start exploring Power Apps is, how much data does a typical Power Apps use?
Power Apps provides a connector to retrieve and to add Google calendar entries. The syntax for this connector isn't very obvious so in this post, we'll walk through an example of how to display contacts in a gallery control, and how to add contacts to a Google account.
Power Apps provides a connector to retrieve and to add contacts that are stored in Google. The syntax for this connector isn't very obvious so in this post, we'll walk through an example of how to display contacts in a gallery control, and how to add contacts to a Google account.
Is your SQL Server data as secure as you think? If we create a shared 'implicit' connection, our database may be more open than we think. In this post, we'll look at how users can exploit the security vulnerability that is associated with this connection type.
At some point, many app builders want to use the SharePoint feature to import Excel data into a new list. There's a 'knack' to doing this and in this post, I'll describe the settings to make this process as smooth as possible.
With SQL Server, there is a bug that prevents us from filtering datetime columns with equality operators. All SQL Server app builders should be aware of, and this post describes the behaviour of this bug in more detail, including workarounds to the problem.
The "Explicit Column Selection" setting improves the performance of our apps. But how exactly does it work, and what problems can it cause? This post describes the setting in more detail, including demonstrations of behaviour with traces.
Find out how to install and connect to a local SQL Server with the on-premises gateway
If you're completely new to SQL Server, this post will show you how to install an on-premise instance of SQL Server.
It's important to understand how PowerApps behaves in terms of case sensitivity. Here are 3 things you should be aware of.
If you want to build charts or images that can change depending on data, here are some blog posts you should definitely read.
Before you choose to Excel as a data source, you must read this.
Before you use SharePoint as a data source, make sure to read this to find out what problems you might encounter.
Find out how to display row numbers against records.
- Email - How to send mail with the Gmail connector
- Teams - The easiest way to add a message to a Microsoft Teams channel
- Controls - How to enter and display Office/Microsoft 365 email addresses with a combo box
- Gallery control - How to set no selected item in a gallery
- Dates - 4 tips to make sure that dates display correctly in UK "dd mm yyyy" format
- Forms - How to select-all / unselect-all checkbox or toggle controls on a form
- Excel vs SharePoint vs Dataverse vs SQL Server - updated 2021
- Troubleshooting - How to use the 'app checker' to fix a broken 'service desk' template app
- Connectors - How to use the Microsoft Teams connector to add messages/meeting invites to Teams
- Dates - Examples of how to calculate dates relative to today
- Performance - Why is LookUp better than First/Filter?
- Troubleshooting - How to recover corrupted screens
- Forms - How to set the data source of a form to a collection
- Forms - The best practice for setting the data item on a form
- Data - How to make a copy of a record
- SharePoint - How to export and import lists and maintain lookup relationships
- Search - How to filter by multiple fields and return all records when no search term is entered
- SharePoint - how to fix list threshold errors when working with very large lists