Is your SQL Server data as secure as you think? If we create a shared 'implicit' connection, our database may be more open than we think. In this post, we'll look at how users can exploit the security vulnerability that is associated with this connection type.
With SQL Server, the Count and CountRow functions produce delegation warnings. Without these functions, does it make it impossible to count records from large SQL Server tables? The answer is no! In this post, I'll describe a trick that enables us to carry out this task.
From the SQL Azure Portal, there is now the option to create a Power App ontop of a SQL Table. Here's a closer look at this feature.
Find out how to install and connect to a local SQL Server with the on-premises gateway
If you're completely new to SQL Server, this post will show you how to install an on-premise instance of SQL Server.
Don't know what data source to use? Read this to find out which data source can best suit your needs.
- Location - Finding the closest location and and sorting records by distance, based on the current location of the user
- SQL - Security - How can users hack shared SQL connections?
- SQL - How NOT to name database tables, columns, and objects
- Formulas - How to cope with weekends and public holidays in date calculations
- Licensing - What license do I have?
- Dataverse - How to Patch the 5 most complex data types
- Controls - How to Transition/Show/Hide controls with a Sliding Effect
- Formulas - How to calculate the distance between 2 points
- SharePoint - How to Patch the 6 most complex data types
- GPS - 3 Frequent Questions about Location Services
- Settings - Old Layout vs New Layout (2021)
- SQL - How can we count rows accurately?
- SQL - Have you seen these Power Platform options in SQL Azure portal?
- SharePoint - Beware of numeric calculated columns!
- SharePoint – 2 Mistakes to avoid when importing Excel data
- Settings - What does the Delayed Load setting do?
- What to do when some part your app breaks, or starts behaving differently?
- 5 Tips for when you can't sign into Power Apps
- Forms - How to conditionally make form fields mandatory
- SQL - Don't let this DateTime bug catch you out!
- Settings - What's the purpose of the "Explicit Column Selection" Setting?
- 10 Great Ideas to Improve Power Apps
- What Power App features can we expect in 2021?
- Top New Power App Features from 2020
- Formulas - Generating Row Numbers - Part 2