Category: Sql Server
SQL - Caution! This is how users can hack shared SQL connections
Is your SQL Server data as secure as you think? If we create a shared 'implicit' connection, our database may be more open than we think. In this post, we'll look at how users can exploit the security vulnerability that is associated with this connection type.
SQL - How can we count rows accurately?
With SQL Server, the Count and CountRow functions produce delegation warnings. Without these functions, does it make it impossible to count records from large SQL Server tables? The answer is no! In this post, I'll describe a trick that enables us to carry out this task.
SQL - Have you seen these Power Platform options in SQL Azure portal?
From the SQL Azure Portal, there is now the option to create a Power App ontop of a SQL Table. Here's a closer look at this feature.
SQL Server for Beginners Part 3 - Installing On-Premises Gateway
Find out how to install and connect to a local SQL Server with the on-premises gateway
SQL Server for Beginners Part 1 - Installing SQL Server
If you're completely new to SQL Server, this post will show you how to install an on-premise instance of SQL Server.
Excel vs SharePoint vs SQL Server vs CDS
Don't know what data source to use? Read this to find out which data source can best suit your needs.
- What AI features are coming to Power Apps 2023?
- Formula Editor - Why should you enable the new formula bar? Old vs New compared.
- Text - How to split input strings by carriage return followed by the colon character
- Certifications - How to renew Miorcosoft certifications for 12 months
- Formula - How to display a count of grouped non-blank and blank rows
- What's new in the updated Maker Portal navigation menu? A comparison of Old vs New
- User Group - UK Reading Dynamics365 and Power Platform User Group Meetup Dates 2023
- Controls - How to set height of nested galleries dynmically
- 2023 Release Wave 1 - The 5 best new features planned for Power Apps 2023
- Power App Makers can now create up to 3 Developer Environments per user!
- Save the Date - Powerful Devs Conference February 15 2023
- First UK Reading Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Group meeting
- Dataverse - How to create Entity Relationship diagrams
- Data - How to group data in a gallery and calculate sums
- Dataverse - How you can more quickly bulk update data using the SQL language
- Dataverse - How to fix the bug in the 'Business Rules' editor that prevents numeric values from saving
- Training - List of Virtual Training Day Events in January and February 2023
- Barcodes - How to scan barcodes - a summary of the 3 available barcode scanning controls
Author, software developer,
Power Platform specialist