Category: General Info
In this post, I review the Power Apps ideas forum and I highlight 10 great ideas that I think would make a big improvement to the product.
2020 was a great year for Power Apps, with many new features and additions. In this post, I summarise some the top features that were added in 2020.
Both new and experienced app builders should look at Mr Dang's 'design patterns' app. Read this to find out more, and to also find out how to setup Microsoft Cognitive Services with PowerApps.
Coming soon! Guest access for PowerApps...
PowerApps wins the PC Magazine 'Editors Choice' award.
PowerApps has no print support. What can you do instead?
How does PowerApps compare to other similar products? Find out here.
Find out how to run PowerApps on Android 4, Windows 7, and Windows XP
Here are all the official Microsoft PowerApps web resources you should know about.
Step by step guide through the PowerApps sign up process.
PowerApps doesn't work with Gmail/Hotmail/etc. Find out how to register a domain for use with PowerApps here.
Follow these 5 simple steps to get started with PowerApps.
Why choose PowerApps? Here are 5 great reasons.
- Formula - Transposing/converting rows to columns- an almost impossible task?
- Charts - How to create donut charts
- Settings - The easiest way to find environment id and other settings
- Admin - How to quarantine or block all users from running a specific app
- Learning - Learn Power Apps through the free Microsoft Virtual Training Day events (and receive a free exam)
- Formula - How to round times to the nearest x minutes
- Formulas - Review of how to write formulas using natural language
- Licensing - Microsoft 365 licensing price set to increase in March 2022
- SharePoint - Filtering lists by User() is now delegable
- Dates - How to get the start date from week number
- Data - How to remove/delete a field from a record
- Numbers - 10 examples of how to round numbers
- Dates - How to check if a year is a leap year
- Dates - How to get the week number for a given date
- Dates - How to get the nth weekday for a month
- Dates - How to get the last weekday for a month
- Forms - How to calculate values (eg sums and products) and store the results in SharePoint or other datasource
- Sums - How to calculate 'year to date' or running totals