Category: General Info
In this post, I review the Power Apps ideas forum and I highlight 10 great ideas that I think would make a big improvement to the product.
2020 was a great year for Power Apps, with many new features and additions. In this post, I summarise some the top features that were added in 2020.
Both new and experienced app builders should look at Mr Dang's 'design patterns' app. Read this to find out more, and to also find out how to setup Microsoft Cognitive Services with PowerApps.
Coming soon! Guest access for PowerApps...
PowerApps wins the PC Magazine 'Editors Choice' award.
PowerApps has no print support. What can you do instead?
How does PowerApps compare to other similar products? Find out here.
Find out how to run PowerApps on Android 4, Windows 7, and Windows XP
Here are all the official Microsoft PowerApps web resources you should know about.
Step by step guide through the PowerApps sign up process.
PowerApps doesn't work with Gmail/Hotmail/etc. Find out how to register a domain for use with PowerApps here.
Follow these 5 simple steps to get started with PowerApps.
Why choose PowerApps? Here are 5 great reasons.
- Email - How to send mail with the Gmail connector
- Teams - The easiest way to add a message to a Microsoft Teams channel
- Controls - How to enter and display Office/Microsoft 365 email addresses with a combo box
- Gallery control - How to set no selected item in a gallery
- Dates - 4 tips to make sure that dates display correctly in UK "dd mm yyyy" format
- Forms - How to select-all / unselect-all checkbox or toggle controls on a form
- Excel vs SharePoint vs Dataverse vs SQL Server - updated 2021
- Troubleshooting - How to use the 'app checker' to fix a broken 'service desk' template app
- Connectors - How to use the Microsoft Teams connector to add messages/meeting invites to Teams
- Dates - Examples of how to calculate dates relative to today
- Performance - Why is LookUp better than First/Filter?
- Troubleshooting - How to recover corrupted screens
- Forms - How to set the data source of a form to a collection
- Forms - The best practice for setting the data item on a form
- Data - How to make a copy of a record
- SharePoint - How to export and import lists and maintain lookup relationships
- Search - How to filter by multiple fields and return all records when no search term is entered
- SharePoint - how to fix list threshold errors when working with very large lists