Category: General Info
In this post, I review the Power Apps ideas forum and I highlight 10 great ideas that I think would make a big improvement to the product.
2020 was a great year for Power Apps, with many new features and additions. In this post, I summarise some the top features that were added in 2020.
Both new and experienced app builders should look at Mr Dang's 'design patterns' app. Read this to find out more, and to also find out how to setup Microsoft Cognitive Services with PowerApps.
Coming soon! Guest access for PowerApps...
PowerApps wins the PC Magazine 'Editors Choice' award.
PowerApps has no print support. What can you do instead?
How does PowerApps compare to other similar products? Find out here.
Find out how to run PowerApps on Android 4, Windows 7, and Windows XP
Here are all the official Microsoft PowerApps web resources you should know about.
Step by step guide through the PowerApps sign up process.
PowerApps doesn't work with Gmail/Hotmail/etc. Find out how to register a domain for use with PowerApps here.
Follow these 5 simple steps to get started with PowerApps.
Why choose PowerApps? Here are 5 great reasons.
- Editor - How to see changes that other app-makers are making in real time
- Copilot - A cautionary example of how Copilot can write formula that's completely incorrect!
- How to open component libraries - component library option missing in app menu 2023
- Apps - The easiest way to determine the OS and browser details of the end user device
- DevOps - Quickstart guide to setting up DevOps and enabling multiple app builders to simultaneously edit canvas apps
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work