One of the most exciting announcements at the Build Conference was Express Editor - the feature that builds apps from PDF or hand drawn documents. How does this feature work and how well are theresults? In this post, we'll find out.
This post provides a simple walkthrough of how to highlight form values that have been changed by a user.
This post describes a solution to a question that occasionally arises - how to append text to a field when a user saves or edits a record through a form.
Forms - How to calculate values (eg sums and products) and store the results in SharePoint or other datasource
A simple and basic question that often arises is - how do I perform calculations against fields and store the results in SharePoint or a database? This post walks through how to carry out this task with forms.
SharePoint - How to programmatically set and clear single select choice items in a combo box on a form
There is often the requirement to programmatically set and clear combo box values with formula, and the syntax to do this may not be entirely clear. This post walks through a use case scenario of how to set and clear combo box values depending on the value of another control.
A problem that some app builders encounter is that on edit forms, clearing the value of a datetime field doesn't work. This post describes this issue in more detail.
If you want to convert a display form to an edit form, there's unfortunately no way to do this through the app designer. However, we can accomplish this through code and this post describes how to carry out this task in more detail.
A handy feature is the ability to make a copy of an existing record. The typical use case scenario of this is to speed up, or to simplify data entry. This post describes a technique that we can use to carry out this task.
For business apps that are designed to facilitate collaboration, there may be the need to display the details of the currently logged on user, or some other specific user. This post walks through how to display user details on a canvas app form.
Screens that display many fields can look messy when many of the values are incomplete or empty. We can tidy up the appearance of these screens by hiding empty fields, and this post describes how to carry out this task.
When building data entry screens, we can simplify data entry by adding a feature to select all, or to unselect all true/false values on a form. This post walks through how to build this feature.
It can be difficult to build edit forms that are based on collections, because the designer disables the button to add fields to the form. This post describes this behaviour, and explains how we can configure an edit form to save and update rows in a collection.
When building apps, a 'best practice' is to minimise dependencies between screens. Therefore, it's best not to set the item property of a form to a value that's defined on a gallery (or some other control) outside of the screen. This post describes this topic in greater detail.
A common requirement is to set default values on data entry screens. In this post, we'll cover three common requirements. How to adapt a form to apply default values when a user creates a new record, how to set a default value based on other values on a screen, and how to set default values through the click of a button.
How can we apply conditional validation to a form - for example, if the status is closed, a closed date must be entered? In this post, we'll look at a quick and simple way to add this type of conditional, mandatory field validation to a form.
- Flow - How to delete 'Ask in PowerApps' parameters in Flow
- Screens - How to copy screens between apps
- Dates - How to display minutes as hours/minutes, and days/hours/minutes
- Updates - How to find the dates and details of upcoming Power Apps feature releases and updates
- Apps - How to create an app from a hand drawn image
- What cost savings can corporate organisations achieve with Power Apps and the Power Platform?
- Microsoft Build 2022 highlights
- Certifications - Free Microsoft exam vouchers May 2022
- Apps - What happens to canvas apps when the owner/employee leaves an organisation?
- Dataverse - How to sort the available choice items from a choice column
- Media - How to enable users to create and save screen shots from a canvas app
- What is "Low Code 3.0"?
- Media - How to save the media files from an existing canvas app
- Dataverse - How to connect to SQL Server in Model Driven/Portal apps through virtual tables
- Controls - How to add a clickable image / image button
- Data - How to get a row by ordinal number
- Model driven apps - SQL Server timeout errors
- Shortcuts to Power Apps Studio (https://create.powerapps.com/studio) no longer work - how to fix