A common requirement for UK app builders is to configure canvas apps to aways accept and display dates in "dd/mm/yyyy" format.This post describes 4 tips to help ensure that date picker and label controls display dates as expected.
We can calculate the distance between two longitude and latitude co-ordinates using a trigonometric calculation. It's a complex formula so in this post, we'll find out how exactly this works, including a verification of the result. We'll see how to perform this distance calculation in both kilometers and miles.
With SharePoint, the syntax to patch certain data types can look very complicated. In this post, we'll summarise the syntax to patch lookup, single choice, multi-choice, yes/no, single person/group, and multi person/group columns.
Here's a technique to display row numbers against a sorted set of data in a gallery control.
If you're struggling to access records in nested collections/tables, here's some example syntax.
Find out how to show running totals within a gallery.
Find out how to display row numbers against records.
- Email - How to send mail with the Gmail connector
- Teams - The easiest way to add a message to a Microsoft Teams channel
- Controls - How to enter and display Office/Microsoft 365 email addresses with a combo box
- Gallery control - How to set no selected item in a gallery
- Dates - 4 tips to make sure that dates display correctly in UK "dd mm yyyy" format
- Forms - How to select-all / unselect-all checkbox or toggle controls on a form
- Excel vs SharePoint vs Dataverse vs SQL Server - updated 2021
- Troubleshooting - How to use the 'app checker' to fix a broken 'service desk' template app
- Connectors - How to use the Microsoft Teams connector to add messages/meeting invites to Teams
- Dates - Examples of how to calculate dates relative to today
- Performance - Why is LookUp better than First/Filter?
- Troubleshooting - How to recover corrupted screens
- Forms - How to set the data source of a form to a collection
- Forms - The best practice for setting the data item on a form
- Data - How to make a copy of a record
- SharePoint - How to export and import lists and maintain lookup relationships
- Search - How to filter by multiple fields and return all records when no search term is entered
- SharePoint - how to fix list threshold errors when working with very large lists