A common requirement is to transpose records in Power Apps - in other words, to convert rows to columns or columns to rows. This post discusses this topic and provides an example of how to carry out this task.
From time to time, it may be necessary to rename a field name in a record. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
A common requirement to show multiple distinct columns, or to hide duplicate rows in a gallery control. This post highlights a technique to carry out this task.
If you want to build an app that retrieves, displays, aggregates, and saves news articles, one way to acomplish this is to use RSS. This post describes how to retrieve content by using the RSS connector in Power Apps.
A challenge that we may encounter is, how can we sort a table/list of records by a number that partially appears in a field? An example of where this could occur is where we want to sort manufacturing product descriptions that contain the numeric part number, and we want to sort by the numeric portion of this text. This post describes the formula we can use to carry out this task.
A common question from app builders is, how do we return the last record from a table? The reason for this question is because the Last function may not return the expected record. This post examines this behaviour and describes the most efficient way to return the last record from a table.
When building apps, it's useful to be able to populate tables with dummy or test records so that we can test and see how our app behaves. This post demonstrates formula to generate multiple records with random values, and how to add those records to a table.
If you're thinking of using Power Apps to connect to MySQL or PostgreSQL databases, here are 3 things you should be aware of before you start.
How easy is it to migrate the data source of an app from from Excel to SharePoint? This post describes the steps that are needed to carry out a data migration, and provides a demonstration by walking through the steps to migrate the sample Service Desk app from Excel to SharePoint.
When building apps that collect data, a common requirement is to prevent the entry of duplicate records. This post walks through how to accomplish this task by demonstrating how to enforce unique email address values in an employee table, and how to enforce a unique combination of firstname and surname for each record.
In general, mobile/4G data is more limited and expensive compared to Wifi. Therefore, a question that some app builders want to know, particularly in cases when they start exploring Power Apps is, how much data does a typical Power Apps use?
Power Apps provides a connector to retrieve and to add Google calendar entries. The syntax for this connector isn't very obvious so in this post, we'll walk through an example of how to display contacts in a gallery control, and how to add contacts to a Google account.
Power Apps provides a connector to retrieve and to add contacts that are stored in Google. The syntax for this connector isn't very obvious so in this post, we'll walk through an example of how to display contacts in a gallery control, and how to add contacts to a Google account.
Is your SQL Server data as secure as you think? If we create a shared 'implicit' connection, our database may be more open than we think. In this post, we'll look at how users can exploit the security vulnerability that is associated with this connection type.
At some point, many app builders want to use the SharePoint feature to import Excel data into a new list. There's a 'knack' to doing this and in this post, I'll describe the settings to make this process as smooth as possible.
- Formula - Transposing/converting rows to columns- an almost impossible task?
- Charts - How to create donut charts
- Settings - The easiest way to find environment id and other settings
- Admin - How to quarantine or block all users from running a specific app
- Learning - Learn Power Apps through the free Microsoft Virtual Training Day events (and receive a free exam)
- Formula - How to round times to the nearest x minutes
- Formulas - Review of how to write formulas using natural language
- Licensing - Microsoft 365 licensing price set to increase in March 2022
- SharePoint - Filtering lists by User() is now delegable
- Dates - How to get the start date from week number
- Data - How to remove/delete a field from a record
- Numbers - 10 examples of how to round numbers
- Dates - How to check if a year is a leap year
- Dates - How to get the week number for a given date
- Dates - How to get the nth weekday for a month
- Dates - How to get the last weekday for a month
- Forms - How to calculate values (eg sums and products) and store the results in SharePoint or other datasource
- Sums - How to calculate 'year to date' or running totals