If you want to combine the contents of 2 collections or data sources and return the distinct rows, this post walks through an example of how to carry out this task.
There can sometimes be a requirement to implement circular or rotational sorting, particularly in the case of data that contains dates. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
Currently, there is a bug that prevents connections from being created, shared, or edited from the Power Apps Maker portal. Here's what to do if you experience this problem.
This post describes the formula to merge or combine separate columns from different tables/collections into a single table.
A common requirement is to transpose records in Power Apps - in other words, to convert rows to columns or columns to rows. This post discusses this topic and provides an example of how to carry out this task.
From time to time, it may be necessary to rename a field name in a record. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
A common requirement to show multiple distinct columns, or to hide duplicate rows in a gallery control. This post highlights a technique to carry out this task.
If you want to build an app that retrieves, displays, aggregates, and saves news articles, one way to acomplish this is to use RSS. This post describes how to retrieve content by using the RSS connector in Power Apps.
A challenge that we may encounter is, how can we sort a table/list of records by a number that partially appears in a field? An example of where this could occur is where we want to sort manufacturing product descriptions that contain the numeric part number, and we want to sort by the numeric portion of this text. This post describes the formula we can use to carry out this task.
A common question from app builders is, how do we return the last record from a table? The reason for this question is because the Last function may not return the expected record. This post examines this behaviour and describes the most efficient way to return the last record from a table.
When building apps, it's useful to be able to populate tables with dummy or test records so that we can test and see how our app behaves. This post demonstrates formula to generate multiple records with random values, and how to add those records to a table.
If you're thinking of using Power Apps to connect to MySQL or PostgreSQL databases, here are 3 things you should be aware of before you start.
How easy is it to migrate the data source of an app from from Excel to SharePoint? This post describes the steps that are needed to carry out a data migration, and provides a demonstration by walking through the steps to migrate the sample Service Desk app from Excel to SharePoint.
When building apps that collect data, a common requirement is to prevent the entry of duplicate records. This post walks through how to accomplish this task by demonstrating how to enforce unique email address values in an employee table, and how to enforce a unique combination of firstname and surname for each record.
In general, mobile/4G data is more limited and expensive compared to Wifi. Therefore, a question that some app builders want to know, particularly in cases when they start exploring Power Apps is, how much data does a typical Power Apps use?
- Data - How to show the distinct rows from 2 data sources or collections
- Data - How to implement circular rotational date sorting
- Dataverse - The easiest way to modify Dataverse data outside of Dataverse and Power Apps
- Forms - When calling SubmitForm, how to debug the error "Network error when using Patch function"
- AI Builder - Where to find the AI Models in the Power Apps designer
- Text - How to truncate and add 3 dots / ellipsis to long label text
- Controls - How to build a control to enter measurements in inches with fractional units
- FormuIas - Is it possible to call a user-defined function recursively in Power Apps?
- Formulas - A beginners guide on how to create and call user-defined functions (UDFs)
- Text - How to display text and content upside down
- Dates - How to convert a month name (eg January, Feburary, March) to month number (eg, 1, 2, 3)
- SharePoint - Deleting the last record from a SharePoint list - how NOT to do this!
- The easiest way to caption images with AI in Power Apps
- Controls - Top 6 changes that are coming to Modern Controls in 2024
- SharePoint - How to check if a user belongs to a Microsoft 365/ SharePoint group
- How to fix licensing error when registering for the Power Apps developer plan
- Walkthrough - An beginners guide to building an app that stores images in SharePoint
- Designer - How to fix the problem with the formula bar not resizing