Here's a walkthrough on how we can customise a data entry screen to include a button that carries out unit measurement conversions..
This post demonstrates a method we can use to convert semi-structured strings to rows and columns.
When displaying records in a gallery, it can be very helpful to show the sums of values. This post provides a walk-through on how to carry out this task.
If you need to calculate compound interest from Power Apps, this post describes the formula to carry out this task.
If you need to convert images of Power App formulas to text, here's a review comparison of some OCR tools that you can use.
For cases where we want to display values or prices in a different currency, this post describes a simple example of how to use a drop-down box to display the converted value.
Following the introduction of the ParseJSON function, we can more easily parse JSON for use from within Power Apps. This post highlights the formula to parse 4 typical JSON structures that we may encounter.
It's now possible to retrieve records from a table, collection, or data source by ordinal number. The function that provides this functionality is called Index, and this post summarises how it works.
A question that arises on occasions is - why doesn't my If statement work? This post walks through one of the most common causes and highlights the possible workarounds.
When we construct expressions that include the Boolean And and Or operators, which operator takes precedence? Find out in this post.
There may be a need to set the data source of a combo box control to a comma-separated list. This post walks through how to carry out this task.
When we work with numbers with Power Apps, a common requirement is to round numbers. This post summarises the formula to carry out some of the most common rounding requirements, including how to round to multiples, how to round to values such as 0.5, 0.99, 0.45, how to round to odd/even numbers, and how to return the integer portion of a decimal value.
For app builders who are relatively new, the syntax for writing formula can be confusing - perticularly with regards to the use of brackets. This post summarises the bracket types that are available in Power Apps.
Yesterday's Build conference introduced several exciting new enhancements to the Power Apps language.This post summarises the top 3 highlights.
The syntax to attach files to an email message can be complex. This post describes how to use the Office 365 Outlook connector to send emails with attachments. It covers how to attach files from a SharePoint record, files that a user selects using an attachments control, images, audio recordings, and multiple combinations of files.
- Editor - How to see changes that other app-makers are making in real time
- Copilot - A cautionary example of how Copilot can write formula that's completely incorrect!
- How to open component libraries - component library option missing in app menu 2023
- Apps - The easiest way to determine the OS and browser details of the end user device
- DevOps - Quickstart guide to setting up DevOps and enabling multiple app builders to simultaneously edit canvas apps
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work