A common requirement is to build a comma separated list based on items from a data source or collection. This post demonstrates this technique by building a CSV string of selected items from a combo box.
The two primary functions to carry out conditional operations are If and Switch. The typical questions that arise include - how do I match a value against numeric ranges, a list of acceptable values, or a list of matching conditions? This post highlights the example syntax that we can use.
Location - Finding the closest location and and sorting records by distance, based on the current location of the user
Given a data source that contains a list of locations, which record matches the location that is nearest to an input location? This is typical challenge we face when we want to build a feature that, for example, returns a list of stores that is sorted in distance relative to the current location of a customer. In this post, we'll walk through the formula that enables us to carry out this calculation.
Performing date calculations that take working days and public holidays into account can be complicated. This post summarises and verifies the formula to calculate the number of working days between two dates, and the formula to add a given number of working days to a start date.
- Designer - 3 Features you may have missed in the screen designer
- Controls - How to set default control and form values
- Controls - How to reset or clear data entry controls, and form values
- What features will soon be available to better protect access to data?
- Portal - How to define section layouts with four, five, or six columns?
- Formulas - The Power Apps canvas app language now has a name!
- What does it take to become a Microsoft Partner that specialises in the Power Platform?
- COVID-19 - How schools can use the "Return to School" app to resume operations
- Model driven apps - 3 use case scenarios of how to set default record values
- Why is Microsoft 365 licensing so confusing?
- SQL - How to show distinct values in the most efficient way
- Formula - How to create comma separated (CSV) list of items
- Formulas - How to hack complex date calculations
- Dataverse - how to access tables from another environment
- Data - Excel vs Google Sheets
- Functions - How to create and use 'user defined functions'
- Power Virtual Agents - How to build and publish a basic chatbot
- Tip - Minimise your Power Platform licensing costs
- Formulas - Generating Row Numbers - Part 3
- General - How to update Office 365 profile details from an app
- General - What happens when we raise a support ticket?
- General - The easiest way to convert phone apps to tablet apps
- Connectors - How to display lists of apps from within an app
- Code - How to define a read-only table of static data
- Formula - How to use the IF and Switch functions - 3 common examples