Do you need to convert a month name to the month number? If so, here's the formula to carry out this task.
If you need to format or get the suffix for a day number (eg 1st, 2nd, 3rd), this post describes the formula you can use.
Do you need to retrieve the days of the current week? If so, this post shows the formula to carry out this task.
If you need to convert dates to UK tax weeks or generate a list of the start and end dates for tax weeks in a year, this post describes some formula that you can use.
This post describes how to convert dates in the US format "mm dd yyyy", to "dd mm yyyy" format.
When building apps, there can often be the need to detect overlapping times. This post describes the methodology and formula to carry out this task.
Microsoft Excel stores dates as serial numbers. This post describes this behaviour and shows the formula to convert and display Excel date serial numbers in Power Apps.
When working with dates, there may be the requirement to derrive the start date of a week based on a week number. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
Working with dates, it can sometimes be necessary to work out whether a given year is a leap year. This post describes a technique we can use to carry out this task.
A common requirement is to calculate week numbers. Up till now, this task could be difficult to accomplish but now, Power Apps introduces the WeekNum and ISOWeekNum functions to help simplify this task. This post describes how these two new functions work.
When building apps, it can be very useful to determine the nth workday in a month. For example, what's the 2nd Tuesday in a month, what's the 3rd Wednesday for a month, what's the first Monday (etc)? This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
When building apps, it can be very useful to determine the last workday in a month. For example, what's the last Thursday in a month? This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
For date or scheduling diary type apps, it can be very useful to retrieve a list of days or months that begin on specific day or month. This post describes some formulas that we can use.
The combo box control does not support the display of date values. This post examines this behaviour and describes a method to overcome this issue.
A common question I often see is - how do I filter a table or SharePoint list by month and year? This post describes how to carry out this task using formula that is delegable.
- Data - How to show the distinct rows from 2 data sources or collections
- Data - How to implement circular rotational date sorting
- Dataverse - The easiest way to modify Dataverse data outside of Dataverse and Power Apps
- Forms - When calling SubmitForm, how to debug the error "Network error when using Patch function"
- AI Builder - Where to find the AI Models in the Power Apps designer
- Text - How to truncate and add 3 dots / ellipsis to long label text
- Controls - How to build a control to enter measurements in inches with fractional units
- FormuIas - Is it possible to call a user-defined function recursively in Power Apps?
- Formulas - A beginners guide on how to create and call user-defined functions (UDFs)
- Text - How to display text and content upside down
- Dates - How to convert a month name (eg January, Feburary, March) to month number (eg, 1, 2, 3)
- SharePoint - Deleting the last record from a SharePoint list - how NOT to do this!
- The easiest way to caption images with AI in Power Apps
- Controls - Top 6 changes that are coming to Modern Controls in 2024
- SharePoint - How to check if a user belongs to a Microsoft 365/ SharePoint group
- How to fix licensing error when registering for the Power Apps developer plan
- Walkthrough - An beginners guide to building an app that stores images in SharePoint
- Designer - How to fix the problem with the formula bar not resizing