When displaying records in a gallery, it can be very helpful to show the sums of values. This post provides a walk-through on how to carry out this task.
If you need to calculate compound interest from Power Apps, this post describes the formula to carry out this task.
If you need to convert images of Power App formulas to text, here's a review comparison of some OCR tools that you can use.
For cases where we want to display values or prices in a different currency, this post describes a simple example of how to use a drop-down box to display the converted value.
Following the introduction of the ParseJSON function, we can more easily parse JSON for use from within Power Apps. This post highlights the formula to parse 4 typical JSON structures that we may encounter.
It's now possible to retrieve records from a table, collection, or data source by ordinal number. The function that provides this functionality is called Index, and this post summarises how it works.
A question that arises on occasions is - why doesn't my If statement work? This post walks through one of the most common causes and highlights the possible workarounds.
When we construct expressions that include the Boolean And and Or operators, which operator takes precedence? Find out in this post.
There may be a need to set the data source of a combo box control to a comma-separated list. This post walks through how to carry out this task.
When we work with numbers with Power Apps, a common requirement is to round numbers. This post summarises the formula to carry out some of the most common rounding requirements, including how to round to multiples, how to round to values such as 0.5, 0.99, 0.45, how to round to odd/even numbers, and how to return the integer portion of a decimal value.
For app builders who are relatively new, the syntax for writing formula can be confusing - perticularly with regards to the use of brackets. This post summarises the bracket types that are available in Power Apps.
Yesterday's Build conference introduced several exciting new enhancements to the Power Apps language.This post summarises the top 3 highlights.
The syntax to attach files to an email message can be complex. This post describes how to use the Office 365 Outlook connector to send emails with attachments. It covers how to attach files from a SharePoint record, files that a user selects using an attachments control, images, audio recordings, and multiple combinations of files.
A frustrating problem that app builders sometimes encounter is the inability to format numbers correctly. This post examines what to try if you find yourself in this situation.
A frequent requirement is to convert HTML to text. This issue arises frequently when app builders attempt to display values from SharePoint rich text columns. This post summarises the methods to display rich text content in Power Apps, and how to convert HTML to text.
- 2023 Release Wave 1 - The 5 best new features planned for Power Apps 2023
- Power App Makers can now create up to 3 Developer Environments per user!
- Save the Date - Powerful Devs Conference February 15 2023
- Dataverse - How to create Entity Relationship diagrams
- Data - How to group data in a gallery and calculate sums
- Dataverse - How you can more quickly bulk update data using the SQL language
- Dataverse - How to fix the bug in the 'Business Rules' editor that prevents numeric values from saving
- Training - List of Virtual Training Day Events in January and February 2023
- Barcodes - How to scan barcodes - a summary of the 3 available barcode scanning controls
- Formula - How to calculate compound interest
- Data - What to do when the data panel is missing in designer
- Editor - How to save and overwrite an existing app in Power Apps
- PCF - How to get the IP address of the client
- Demo app - How to save data like a pro - Southcoast Summit Presentation
- Error - How to fix "Sign-in to continue" loop problem in the model driven app designer
- Colors - How to convert Power App colors to hex
- Templates - Discover UI inspiration ideas through community Power App templates on Figma
- Dates - How to calculate UK tax weeks