During the Build conference in May 2021, Microsoft announced an innovative new feature - the ability to write formula using natural English words and sentences. This feature is now in preview, and this post takes an initial look at how this works.
When building apps, particularly for audiences that include US and European users, there is often the requirement to convert measurements from centimeters/meters to feet and inches. This post covers the basic formula to carry out this task.
A common requirement for UK app builders is to configure canvas apps to aways accept and display dates in "dd/mm/yyyy" format.This post describes 4 tips to help ensure that date picker and label controls display dates as expected.
We can calculate the distance between two longitude and latitude co-ordinates using a trigonometric calculation. It's a complex formula so in this post, we'll find out how exactly this works, including a verification of the result. We'll see how to perform this distance calculation in both kilometers and miles.
With SharePoint, the syntax to patch certain data types can look very complicated. In this post, we'll summarise the syntax to patch lookup, single choice, multi-choice, yes/no, single person/group, and multi person/group columns.
Here's a technique to display row numbers against a sorted set of data in a gallery control.
If you're struggling to access records in nested collections/tables, here's some example syntax.
Find out how to show running totals within a gallery.
Find out how to display row numbers against records.
- Formula - Transposing/converting rows to columns- an almost impossible task?
- Charts - How to create donut charts
- Settings - The easiest way to find environment id and other settings
- Admin - How to quarantine or block all users from running a specific app
- Learning - Learn Power Apps through the free Microsoft Virtual Training Day events (and receive a free exam)
- Formula - How to round times to the nearest x minutes
- Formulas - Review of how to write formulas using natural language
- Licensing - Microsoft 365 licensing price set to increase in March 2022
- SharePoint - Filtering lists by User() is now delegable
- Dates - How to get the start date from week number
- Data - How to remove/delete a field from a record
- Numbers - 10 examples of how to round numbers
- Dates - How to check if a year is a leap year
- Dates - How to get the week number for a given date
- Dates - How to get the nth weekday for a month
- Dates - How to get the last weekday for a month
- Forms - How to calculate values (eg sums and products) and store the results in SharePoint or other datasource
- Sums - How to calculate 'year to date' or running totals