Apps - Migrating OnStart formula to use App.StartScreen/ Fixing existing apps that implement deep linking
A recent update to Power Apps now prohibits the use of Navigate in App.OnStart. Existing apps that call Navigate in App.OnStart will show the error 'Navigate is not permitted in OnStart. Use the StartScreen property instead.' How do we fix this problem? The post describes some of the possible solutions.
Calculations - What mistakes can happen when we fail to use round brackets correctly in calculations?
What can go wrong when we fail to use brackets correctly in mathematical calculations? This post provides an example.
For learning purposes, it can be useful to see a practical example of how to carry out mathematical tasks with Power Apps. This post walks through a demonstration of how to answer a quiz question using Power FX functions that include ForAll, Sequence, and Mod.
During the Build conference in May 2021, Microsoft announced an innovative new feature - the ability to write formula using natural English words and sentences. This feature is now in preview, and this post takes an initial look at how this works.
When building apps, particularly for audiences that include US and European users, there is often the requirement to convert measurements from centimeters/meters to feet and inches. This post covers the basic formula to carry out this task.
A common requirement for UK app builders is to configure canvas apps to aways accept and display dates in "dd/mm/yyyy" format.This post describes 4 tips to help ensure that date picker and label controls display dates as expected.
We can calculate the distance between two longitude and latitude co-ordinates using a trigonometric calculation. It's a complex formula so in this post, we'll find out how exactly this works, including a verification of the result. We'll see how to perform this distance calculation in both kilometers and miles.
With SharePoint, the syntax to patch certain data types can look very complicated. In this post, we'll summarise the syntax to patch lookup, single choice, multi-choice, yes/no, single person/group, and multi person/group columns.
Here's a technique to display row numbers against a sorted set of data in a gallery control.
If you're struggling to access records in nested collections/tables, here's some example syntax.
Find out how to show running totals within a gallery.
Find out how to display row numbers against records.
- Editor - How to see changes that other app-makers are making in real time
- Copilot - A cautionary example of how Copilot can write formula that's completely incorrect!
- How to open component libraries - component library option missing in app menu 2023
- Apps - The easiest way to determine the OS and browser details of the end user device
- DevOps - Quickstart guide to setting up DevOps and enabling multiple app builders to simultaneously edit canvas apps
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work