Apps - Migrating OnStart formula to use App.StartScreen/ Fixing existing apps that implement deep linking
A recent update to Power Apps now prohibits the use of Navigate in App.OnStart. Existing apps that call Navigate in App.OnStart will show the error 'Navigate is not permitted in OnStart. Use the StartScreen property instead.' How do we fix this problem? The post describes some of the possible solutions.
Calculations - What mistakes can happen when we fail to use round brackets correctly in calculations?
What can go wrong when we fail to use brackets correctly in mathematical calculations? This post provides an example.
For learning purposes, it can be useful to see a practical example of how to carry out mathematical tasks with Power Apps. This post walks through a demonstration of how to answer a quiz question using Power FX functions that include ForAll, Sequence, and Mod.
During the Build conference in May 2021, Microsoft announced an innovative new feature - the ability to write formula using natural English words and sentences. This feature is now in preview, and this post takes an initial look at how this works.
When building apps, particularly for audiences that include US and European users, there is often the requirement to convert measurements from centimeters/meters to feet and inches. This post covers the basic formula to carry out this task.
A common requirement for UK app builders is to configure canvas apps to aways accept and display dates in "dd/mm/yyyy" format.This post describes 4 tips to help ensure that date picker and label controls display dates as expected.
We can calculate the distance between two longitude and latitude co-ordinates using a trigonometric calculation. It's a complex formula so in this post, we'll find out how exactly this works, including a verification of the result. We'll see how to perform this distance calculation in both kilometers and miles.
With SharePoint, the syntax to patch certain data types can look very complicated. In this post, we'll summarise the syntax to patch lookup, single choice, multi-choice, yes/no, single person/group, and multi person/group columns.
Here's a technique to display row numbers against a sorted set of data in a gallery control.
If you're struggling to access records in nested collections/tables, here's some example syntax.
Find out how to show running totals within a gallery.
Find out how to display row numbers against records.
- Formula - How to calculate compound interest
- Data - What to do when the data panel is missing in designer
- Editor - How to save and overwrite an existing app in Power Apps
- PCF - How to get the IP address of the client
- Demo app - How to save data like a pro - Southcoast Summit Presentation
- Error - How to fix "Sign-in to continue" loop problem in the model driven app designer
- Colors - How to convert Power App colors to hex
- Templates - Discover UI inspiration ideas through community Power App templates on Figma
- Dates - How to calculate UK tax weeks
- Pages - Timer control now available in model app pages
- Data - Combine columns from separate tables into a single table
- Microsoft Ignite 2022 - Highlights and summary of Power App announcements
- Utilities - The best way to peform OCR on images of Power Apps Formulas
- Colors - How to get darker or lighter shades of a colour
- PCF Components - What to do when strange errors occur when calling NPM commands
- Controls - How to create multi-line tooltips or multi-line text input control hint text
- Designer - How to better collaborate with other app builders using the new comments feature
- Apps - How to open Power Apps MSAPP files - 2022