This post walks through how to perform calculations with formulas in Microsoft Excel, and how to return the results to Power Apps using Power Automate and Office Script.
If you need to create a local collection based on data from an Excel spreadsheet, I've created an online tool to generate formula that builds a collection, based on data that's been copied from an Excel spreadsheet. Here are the details of how this works.
If you use the Excel Online Business Connector, here's an occasional glitch that's worth being aware of.
When we attempt to import an Excel spreadsheet from OneDrive to Dataverse, we may encounter a 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' error message. This post describes a fix for this issue.
Bug - Excel Online (Business) connector fails to search or to filter against columns with a space in the name
When we attempt to Filter, Search, or to LookUp records based on criteria that references column names with spaces, Power Apps returns an error. This post describes this behaviour in more detail.
The Excel Online Business connector does not correctly support number / numeric columns. This post describes this behaviour in more detail, and provides a link where you can vote to fix this limitation.
The traditional way of connecting to an Excel data source through the OneDrive connector imposes serious limitations on the number of records we can retrieve. We can overcome several of these with the Excel Online Business connector, but it introduces a different set of problems. This post introduces the 'Excel for Business' connector, and describes what you need to know.
The limitations of using Excel as a data source are well known. If we want to store data in spreadsheets, how does Google Sheets compare? In this post, we'll walk through how to connect to a Google Sheets, and find out whether the Google Sheets connector applies the same file and row size limits as the Excel connector.
- Editor - How to see changes that other app-makers are making in real time
- Copilot - A cautionary example of how Copilot can write formula that's completely incorrect!
- How to open component libraries - component library option missing in app menu 2023
- Apps - The easiest way to determine the OS and browser details of the end user device
- DevOps - Quickstart guide to setting up DevOps and enabling multiple app builders to simultaneously edit canvas apps
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work