Dataverse - How to create Entity Relationship diagrams
Entity relationship diagrams can help us visualise and better understand the schema of a database. In this post, we look at how to create an ER diagram for a set of Dataverse tables.
Dataverse - How you can more quickly bulk update data using the SQL language
If you need to want to update records in a Dataverse database using SQL commands, one way to carry this out is to use XrmToolBox and the SQL4CDS plugin. This post provides a summary of how this works.
Dataverse - How to fix the bug in the 'Business Rules' editor that prevents numeric values from saving
When there is a mismatch between the language of Dataverse and the language of the editor, business rules can fail to save with an error that looks like this - 'Enter a value from -922,337,203,685,477.00 through 922.337,203,685,477.00'. This post describes a workaround for this issue.
Dataverse - What are the benefits, and how to create formula columns
Yesterday, Microsoft announced the preview release of formula columns for Dataverse. This post summarises the benefits of formula columns and walks through the steps of how to define a formula column.
Dataverse - How to sort the available choice items from a choice column
With Dataverse choice columns, there's often the need to sort dropdowns in alphabetical or custom sequences. This post describes how to carry out this task.
Error - Unable to modify Dataverse tables with error message, Language id should not be null
Au unusal problem you may encounter is the inability to modify Dataverse tables. During any attempt to modify or to save a table, the designer shows the error 'Language ID should not be null'. Here's what to do if you experience this problem.
Dataverse - How to retrieve FetchXML or SQL for Dataverse views
With, Dataverse It's possible to define views. Dataverse stores view definitions in a system table called 'Views'. We can interrogate this table to retrieve the SQL or the FetchXML for a table and this post examines this setup in more detail.
Data - Why is Dataverse so fast?
One reason why Datavese performs so quickly, compared to other data sources (such as SQL Server, SharePoint, and Excel), is because Power Apps can connect to Dataverse in a more direct way. This post describes this behaviour in more detail.
Dataverse - How to create and use Dataverse views in Canvas Apps
Dataverse views enable us to define queries and filters in a way that is re-usable across multiple canvas apps and model driven apps. This post describes how to display data from Dataverse views in canvas apps, and how to refer to those views in formula.
Dataverse - How to filter Dataverse choice columns
With Dataverse, the syntax to filter a table based on a choice column may not be entirely intuitive. This post describes the methods we can use to filter tables based on choice values.
Dataverse - How to switch to the classic designer when the option is not available
If a Power Platform update breaks features in the Dataverse designer (such as the table or view designers), and the option to open the classic designer is missing, it may be possible to carry on working by accessing the classic designer directly by web address.
Licensing - What are Dataverse Restricted tables?
When we build Power Apps to extend Dynamics 365, it's important to be aware of 'restricted tables'. These are tables that are fully accessible with a Dynamics 365 license only. This post provides an introduction to this topic.
Media - How to save and work with microphone recordings
A great feature with canvas apps is that we can offer users the ability to make audio recordings using the microphone control. It may not be obvious how to save and retrieve recordings so in this post, we'll walk through how to carry out this task against a Dataverse database
Dataverse - how to access tables from another environment
From a canvas app, we can connect to Dataverse databases that are hosted in different environments. This post describes how to accomplish this.
Dataverse - How to Patch the 5 most complex data types
With Dataverse, the syntax to patch certain data types can look very complicated. In this post, we'll summarise the syntax to patch lookup, single choice, multi-choice, yes/no, single person/group, and multi person/group columns.
- Editor - How to Bring Back the Data Panel in Older Apps
- Microsoft Build 2023 - Best highlights for Power App Builders
- Error - How to fix the "This app isn't opening correctly" / "InsufficientActivePlanForApp" message
- Numbers - How to Format Numbers with a Dollar Symbol the Right Way
- Build - Claim a free "PL-400 Microsoft Power Platform Developer" exam voucher and become Microsoft Certified
- Warning Message - "New cloud service dependency for data residency compliance" - What does this mean?
- Formula - How to add a button that converts degrees Centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa
- Text - How to extract email addresses that are formatted with angle brackets
- Power Apps for Teams: What to Do If Your Environment Gets Disabled or Deleted
- Power Apps and Sunshine at the Iberian Tech Summit 2023
- Reading Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group successfully holds its Q2 2023 meetup
- Editor - What to do if the variables or collections view is missing in Power Apps Studio
- Text - The easiest way to copy text to the clipboard
- Formula - How to convert a single delimited string to rows and columns
- Controls - How to use the Tab List control - Examples
- Formula - How to get the dates for the current week
- What AI features are coming to Power Apps 2023?
- Formula Editor - Why should you enable the new formula bar? Old vs New compared.
Author, software developer,
Power Platform specialist