If you need an easy way to add, edit, and delete the records in Dataverse, this post describes a simple method that you can use.
For users new to Dataverse, a common difficulty is how to build a form that sets Dataverse Yes/No Boolean fields with a checkbox or toggle control. This post describes how to configure such a form.
Entity relationship diagrams can help us visualise and better understand the schema of a database. In this post, we look at how to create an ER diagram for a set of Dataverse tables.
If you need to want to update records in a Dataverse database using SQL commands, one way to carry this out is to use XrmToolBox and the SQL4CDS plugin. This post provides a summary of how this works.
Dataverse - How to fix the bug in the 'Business Rules' editor that prevents numeric values from saving
When there is a mismatch between the language of Dataverse and the language of the editor, business rules can fail to save with an error that looks like this - 'Enter a value from -922,337,203,685,477.00 through 922.337,203,685,477.00'. This post describes a workaround for this issue.
Yesterday, Microsoft announced the preview release of formula columns for Dataverse. This post summarises the benefits of formula columns and walks through the steps of how to define a formula column.
With Dataverse choice columns, there's often the need to sort dropdowns in alphabetical or custom sequences. This post describes how to carry out this task.
Au unusal problem you may encounter is the inability to modify Dataverse tables. During any attempt to modify or to save a table, the designer shows the error 'Language ID should not be null'. Here's what to do if you experience this problem.
With, Dataverse It's possible to define views. Dataverse stores view definitions in a system table called 'Views'. We can interrogate this table to retrieve the SQL or the FetchXML for a table and this post examines this setup in more detail.
One reason why Datavese performs so quickly, compared to other data sources (such as SQL Server, SharePoint, and Excel), is because Power Apps can connect to Dataverse in a more direct way. This post describes this behaviour in more detail.
Dataverse views enable us to define queries and filters in a way that is re-usable across multiple canvas apps and model driven apps. This post describes how to display data from Dataverse views in canvas apps, and how to refer to those views in formula.
With Dataverse, the syntax to filter a table based on a choice column may not be entirely intuitive. This post describes the methods we can use to filter tables based on choice values.
If a Power Platform update breaks features in the Dataverse designer (such as the table or view designers), and the option to open the classic designer is missing, it may be possible to carry on working by accessing the classic designer directly by web address.
When we build Power Apps to extend Dynamics 365, it's important to be aware of 'restricted tables'. These are tables that are fully accessible with a Dynamics 365 license only. This post provides an introduction to this topic.
A great feature with canvas apps is that we can offer users the ability to make audio recordings using the microphone control. It may not be obvious how to save and retrieve recordings so in this post, we'll walk through how to carry out this task against a Dataverse database
- Data - How to show the distinct rows from 2 data sources or collections
- Data - How to implement circular rotational date sorting
- Dataverse - The easiest way to modify Dataverse data outside of Dataverse and Power Apps
- Forms - When calling SubmitForm, how to debug the error "Network error when using Patch function"
- AI Builder - Where to find the AI Models in the Power Apps designer
- Text - How to truncate and add 3 dots / ellipsis to long label text
- Controls - How to build a control to enter measurements in inches with fractional units
- FormuIas - Is it possible to call a user-defined function recursively in Power Apps?
- Formulas - A beginners guide on how to create and call user-defined functions (UDFs)
- Text - How to display text and content upside down
- Dates - How to convert a month name (eg January, Feburary, March) to month number (eg, 1, 2, 3)
- SharePoint - Deleting the last record from a SharePoint list - how NOT to do this!
- The easiest way to caption images with AI in Power Apps
- Controls - Top 6 changes that are coming to Modern Controls in 2024
- SharePoint - How to check if a user belongs to a Microsoft 365/ SharePoint group
- How to fix licensing error when registering for the Power Apps developer plan
- Walkthrough - An beginners guide to building an app that stores images in SharePoint
- Designer - How to fix the problem with the formula bar not resizing