A common requirement is to filter SharePoint records by the email address of the current user. In the past, this task could be difficult because filtering lists by User().Email was not delegable. The good news is that Microsoft has now improved this behaviour and is post describes what's new.
SharePoint - How to fix the "skip to main content" error message on integrated forms, or to fix forms where records don't save
Why do I receive a "skip to main content" message when I attempt to save a record on a SharePoint integrated form? This post describes this problem that app builders sometimes encounter.
With SharePoint, it's difficult to perform a 'contains' type search that returns all matching records where the search term appears anywhere within a field, due to the fact that the search function is not delegable. A possible hack is to perform the search through a look up column. This enables us to carry out a delegable 'contains' type search against lists of up to 5,000 records. This post describes this technique in more detail.
If you've been using SharePoint and Power Apps for some time, you may be aware of the bug that prevents the correct filtering of Yes/No columns. The good news is that this has now been fixed and this post describes in further detail, the past and new behaviour.
When we build SharePoint based apps that we need to move between environments or tenants, a best practice is to store the list addresses in variables. This enables us to easily update the target data source when we move the app to a different location. This post walks through how to carry out this task.
A common requirement is to make a copy of a record, based on an existing record. This post describes some examples of how to carry out this task, including how to copy an existing record from a form, a gallery control, and how to write formula that copies the last created record.
A common requirement is to export and import sets of SharePoint lists, and to maintain the lookup data. This post describes how to carry out this task.
When we attempt to filter large SharePoint lists, the operation may fail with the error "The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold". This post describes this error, including how to fix this problem.
SharePoint is a very popular data source with Power Apps. A common requirement is to move data and lists between sites, or different tenants or organisations. In this post, we'll walk through how to use PowerShell to carry out this task.
Code - Can we hack SharePoint ID columns to be delegable using the greater than/less than operators?
Power Apps recognise a SharePoint ID column in a peculiar way. It recognises an ID column as numeric, but does not support delegable filter operations against this type of column using the greater than/less than operators. In this post, we'll investigate whether or not we can fix this problem in code.
A common requirement is to filter SharePoint records by email address. This use case scenario often attracts many questions from app builders who struggle to implement this in a delegable way. In this post, I'll describe how to carry out this type of filtering in a delegable way.
Help! - my numbers don't format correctly or they appear with loads of trailing numbers. If we encounter this problem, a likely cause is a bug that affects SharePoint calculated columns. This post examines this issue in more detail.
- Formula - Transposing/converting rows to columns- an almost impossible task?
- Charts - How to create donut charts
- Settings - The easiest way to find environment id and other settings
- Admin - How to quarantine or block all users from running a specific app
- Learning - Learn Power Apps through the free Microsoft Virtual Training Day events (and receive a free exam)
- Formula - How to round times to the nearest x minutes
- Formulas - Review of how to write formulas using natural language
- Licensing - Microsoft 365 licensing price set to increase in March 2022
- SharePoint - Filtering lists by User() is now delegable
- Dates - How to get the start date from week number
- Data - How to remove/delete a field from a record
- Numbers - 10 examples of how to round numbers
- Dates - How to check if a year is a leap year
- Dates - How to get the week number for a given date
- Dates - How to get the nth weekday for a month
- Dates - How to get the last weekday for a month
- Forms - How to calculate values (eg sums and products) and store the results in SharePoint or other datasource
- Sums - How to calculate 'year to date' or running totals