If the daytime values from a SharePoint list don't correspond to the values that you see in Power Apps, this post describes the most likely cause.
A common requirement is to filter SharePoint records by the email address of the current user. In the past, this task could be difficult because filtering lists by User().Email was not delegable. The good news is that Microsoft has now improved this behaviour and is post describes what's new.
SharePoint - How to fix the "skip to main content" error message on integrated forms, or to fix forms where records don't save
Why do I receive a "skip to main content" message when I attempt to save a record on a SharePoint integrated form? This post describes this problem that app builders sometimes encounter.
With SharePoint, it's difficult to perform a 'contains' type search that returns all matching records where the search term appears anywhere within a field, due to the fact that the search function is not delegable. A possible hack is to perform the search through a look up column. This enables us to carry out a delegable 'contains' type search against lists of up to 5,000 records. This post describes this technique in more detail.
If you've been using SharePoint and Power Apps for some time, you may be aware of the bug that prevents the correct filtering of Yes/No columns. The good news is that this has now been fixed and this post describes in further detail, the past and new behaviour.
When we build SharePoint based apps that we need to move between environments or tenants, a best practice is to store the list addresses in variables. This enables us to easily update the target data source when we move the app to a different location. This post walks through how to carry out this task.
A common requirement is to make a copy of a record, based on an existing record. This post describes some examples of how to carry out this task, including how to copy an existing record from a form, a gallery control, and how to write formula that copies the last created record.
A common requirement is to export and import sets of SharePoint lists, and to maintain the lookup data. This post describes how to carry out this task.
When we attempt to filter large SharePoint lists, the operation may fail with the error "The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold". This post describes this error, including how to fix this problem.
SharePoint is a very popular data source with Power Apps. A common requirement is to move data and lists between sites, or different tenants or organisations. In this post, we'll walk through how to use PowerShell to carry out this task.
Code - Can we hack SharePoint ID columns to be delegable using the greater than/less than operators?
Power Apps recognise a SharePoint ID column in a peculiar way. It recognises an ID column as numeric, but does not support delegable filter operations against this type of column using the greater than/less than operators. In this post, we'll investigate whether or not we can fix this problem in code.
A common requirement is to filter SharePoint records by email address. This use case scenario often attracts many questions from app builders who struggle to implement this in a delegable way. In this post, I'll describe how to carry out this type of filtering in a delegable way.
Help! - my numbers don't format correctly or they appear with loads of trailing numbers. If we encounter this problem, a likely cause is a bug that affects SharePoint calculated columns. This post examines this issue in more detail.
- Bug - Internal error in the AND/OR function Canceled Canceled
- Dates - How to detect overlapping times / scheduling conflicts
- Excel - What to be aware of when building apps with Excel - Service Rate Limit
- SharePoint - What to do when there's a mismatch between times in Power Apps and SharePoint
- Formula - What to do when the If statement doesn't work?
- Formula - Boolean And / Or operators - What is the order of precedence?
- SQL - Storing timezone independent time values with datatimeoffset
- Dates - How to display or convert Excel date serial numbers
- Text - How to convert a character to its ASCII numeric value
- Text - Examples of how to use the Char function, and a reference of ASCII codes
- Calendar - An easy way to add events to Google calendar
- Controls - How to set the data source of a Combo Box to a comma separated string
- Learning - Ignite Power Platform Developer Challenge - Chance to obtain a free exam this November 2021
- Microsoft Ignite 2021 - Highlights and summary of Power App announcements
- Outlook - How to add, edit, delete, and list Outlook calendar events
- Apps - Migrating OnStart formula to use App.StartScreen/ Fixing existing apps that implement deep linking
- Calculations - What mistakes can happen when we fail to use round brackets correctly in calculations?
- Walkthrough - Solving maths puzzles with Power Apps