Email - Complete guide to validating email addresses
This post provides a guide on how to validate email address, including how to validate single and multiple email addresses, and how to accept or to reject email addresses based on email domain.
Bug - Sending email messages with the Office365Outlook connector that includes SharePoint file attachments no longer works
If you want to use the Office365Outlook connector to send email messages with file attachments from SharePoint, it's useful to note that this no longer works following a recent update to Power Apps.
Email - Sending messages with SMTP connector
The SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol), is the industry standard protocol that supports the delivery of email messages. From Power Apps, we can use the SMTP connector to send email, and this post describes how to carry out common tasks, such as how to send messages to multiple recipients, add BCC/CC recipients, and how to add attachments.
Email - How to save multiple email addresses in a field, and configure the selection and display of addresses through a combo box
There are cases where we want to build a data entry screen where users can store multiple email addresses in a field. This post describes how to store a semi-colon separated list of email addresses in a SharePoint list, and configure a combo box control to allow the entry and display of the email addresses.
Email - How to open a new Outlook mail message and pre-populate the subject and message
In cases where we want create a new Outlook mail message and to pre-populate the recipient, subject and email body, we can accomplish this by calling the Launch function and specifying a "mailto" URL. This post describes this technqiue in more detail.
Email - How to send email without the Office 365 Outlook connector (using the Mail connector)
In cases where we cannot use the Office 365 Outlook connector, or don't have a suitable email account available, we can send messages using the Mail connector. This post describes how to send messages using this connector, including how to specify multiple recipients, CC/BCC recipients, and how to include attachments.
Email - How to send mail with the Gmail connector
The syntax to send messages with the Google connector can be tricky. How do we specify multiple recipients, BCC/CC recipients, the 'From' and 'Reply-to' email addresses, the message importance and attachments? How do we define line breaks in the message body? This post will answer all of these common questions.
- Editor - How to Bring Back the Data Panel in Older Apps
- Microsoft Build 2023 - Best highlights for Power App Builders
- Error - How to fix the "This app isn't opening correctly" / "InsufficientActivePlanForApp" message
- Numbers - How to Format Numbers with a Dollar Symbol the Right Way
- Build - Claim a free "PL-400 Microsoft Power Platform Developer" exam voucher and become Microsoft Certified
- Warning Message - "New cloud service dependency for data residency compliance" - What does this mean?
- Formula - How to add a button that converts degrees Centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa
- Text - How to extract email addresses that are formatted with angle brackets
- Power Apps for Teams: What to Do If Your Environment Gets Disabled or Deleted
- Power Apps and Sunshine at the Iberian Tech Summit 2023
- Reading Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group successfully holds its Q2 2023 meetup
- Editor - What to do if the variables or collections view is missing in Power Apps Studio
- Text - The easiest way to copy text to the clipboard
- Formula - How to convert a single delimited string to rows and columns
- Controls - How to use the Tab List control - Examples
- Formula - How to get the dates for the current week
- What AI features are coming to Power Apps 2023?
- Formula Editor - Why should you enable the new formula bar? Old vs New compared.
Author, software developer,
Power Platform specialist