This post provides a guide on how to validate email address, including how to validate single and multiple email addresses, and how to accept or to reject email addresses based on email domain.
Bug - Sending email messages with the Office365Outlook connector that includes SharePoint file attachments no longer works
If you want to use the Office365Outlook connector to send email messages with file attachments from SharePoint, it's useful to note that this no longer works following a recent update to Power Apps.
The SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol), is the industry standard protocol that supports the delivery of email messages. From Power Apps, we can use the SMTP connector to send email, and this post describes how to carry out common tasks, such as how to send messages to multiple recipients, add BCC/CC recipients, and how to add attachments.
Email - How to save multiple email addresses in a field, and configure the selection and display of addresses through a combo box
There are cases where we want to build a data entry screen where users can store multiple email addresses in a field. This post describes how to store a semi-colon separated list of email addresses in a SharePoint list, and configure a combo box control to allow the entry and display of the email addresses.
In cases where we want create a new Outlook mail message and to pre-populate the recipient, subject and email body, we can accomplish this by calling the Launch function and specifying a "mailto" URL. This post describes this technqiue in more detail.
In cases where we cannot use the Office 365 Outlook connector, or don't have a suitable email account available, we can send messages using the Mail connector. This post describes how to send messages using this connector, including how to specify multiple recipients, CC/BCC recipients, and how to include attachments.
The syntax to send messages with the Google connector can be tricky. How do we specify multiple recipients, BCC/CC recipients, the 'From' and 'Reply-to' email addresses, the message importance and attachments? How do we define line breaks in the message body? This post will answer all of these common questions.
- Data - How to show the distinct rows from 2 data sources or collections
- Data - How to implement circular rotational date sorting
- Dataverse - The easiest way to modify Dataverse data outside of Dataverse and Power Apps
- Forms - When calling SubmitForm, how to debug the error "Network error when using Patch function"
- AI Builder - Where to find the AI Models in the Power Apps designer
- Text - How to truncate and add 3 dots / ellipsis to long label text
- Controls - How to build a control to enter measurements in inches with fractional units
- FormuIas - Is it possible to call a user-defined function recursively in Power Apps?
- Formulas - A beginners guide on how to create and call user-defined functions (UDFs)
- Text - How to display text and content upside down
- Dates - How to convert a month name (eg January, Feburary, March) to month number (eg, 1, 2, 3)
- SharePoint - Deleting the last record from a SharePoint list - how NOT to do this!
- The easiest way to caption images with AI in Power Apps
- Controls - Top 6 changes that are coming to Modern Controls in 2024
- SharePoint - How to check if a user belongs to a Microsoft 365/ SharePoint group
- How to fix licensing error when registering for the Power Apps developer plan
- Walkthrough - An beginners guide to building an app that stores images in SharePoint
- Designer - How to fix the problem with the formula bar not resizing