Category: Sql Server
Is your SQL Server data as secure as you think? If we create a shared 'implicit' connection, our database may be more open than we think. In this post, we'll look at how users can exploit the security vulnerability that is associated with this connection type.
With SQL Server, the Count and CountRow functions produce delegation warnings. Without these functions, does it make it impossible to count records from large SQL Server tables? The answer is no! In this post, I'll describe a trick that enables us to carry out this task.
From the SQL Azure Portal, there is now the option to create a Power App ontop of a SQL Table. Here's a closer look at this feature.
Find out how to install and connect to a local SQL Server with the on-premises gateway
If you're completely new to SQL Server, this post will show you how to install an on-premise instance of SQL Server.
Don't know what data source to use? Read this to find out which data source can best suit your needs.
- Editor - How to see changes that other app-makers are making in real time
- Copilot - A cautionary example of how Copilot can write formula that's completely incorrect!
- How to open component libraries - component library option missing in app menu 2023
- Apps - The easiest way to determine the OS and browser details of the end user device
- DevOps - Quickstart guide to setting up DevOps and enabling multiple app builders to simultaneously edit canvas apps
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work