If you need to format or get the suffix for a day number (eg 1st, 2nd, 3rd), this post describes the formula you can use.
Do you need to retrieve the days of the current week? If so, this post shows the formula to carry out this task.
If you need to convert dates to UK tax weeks or generate a list of the start and end dates for tax weeks in a year, this post describes some formula that you can use.
This post describes how to convert dates in the US format "mm dd yyyy", to "dd mm yyyy" format.
When building apps, there can often be the need to detect overlapping times. This post describes the methodology and formula to carry out this task.
Microsoft Excel stores dates as serial numbers. This post describes this behaviour and shows the formula to convert and display Excel date serial numbers in Power Apps.
When working with dates, there may be the requirement to derrive the start date of a week based on a week number. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
Working with dates, it can sometimes be necessary to work out whether a given year is a leap year. This post describes a technique we can use to carry out this task.
A common requirement is to calculate week numbers. Up till now, this task could be difficult to accomplish but now, Power Apps introduces the WeekNum and ISOWeekNum functions to help simplify this task. This post describes how these two new functions work.
When building apps, it can be very useful to determine the nth workday in a month. For example, what's the 2nd Tuesday in a month, what's the 3rd Wednesday for a month, what's the first Monday (etc)? This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
When building apps, it can be very useful to determine the last workday in a month. For example, what's the last Thursday in a month? This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
For date or scheduling diary type apps, it can be very useful to retrieve a list of days or months that begin on specific day or month. This post describes some formulas that we can use.
The combo box control does not support the display of date values. This post examines this behaviour and describes a method to overcome this issue.
A common question I often see is - how do I filter a table or SharePoint list by month and year? This post describes how to carry out this task using formula that is delegable.
- Editor - How to see changes that other app-makers are making in real time
- Copilot - A cautionary example of how Copilot can write formula that's completely incorrect!
- How to open component libraries - component library option missing in app menu 2023
- Apps - The easiest way to determine the OS and browser details of the end user device
- DevOps - Quickstart guide to setting up DevOps and enabling multiple app builders to simultaneously edit canvas apps
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work