When working with dates, there may be the requirement to derrive the start date of a week based on a week number. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
Working with dates, it can sometimes be necessary to work out whether a given year is a leap year. This post describes a technique we can use to carry out this task.
A common requirement is to calculate week numbers. Up till now, this task could be difficult to accomplish but now, Power Apps introduces the WeekNum and ISOWeekNum functions to help simplify this task. This post describes how these two new functions work.
When building apps, it can be very useful to determine the nth workday in a month. For example, what's the 2nd Tuesday in a month, what's the 3rd Wednesday for a month, what's the first Monday (etc)? This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
When building apps, it can be very useful to determine the last workday in a month. For example, what's the last Thursday in a month? This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
For date or scheduling diary type apps, it can be very useful to retrieve a list of days or months that begin on specific day or month. This post describes some formulas that we can use.
The combo box control does not support the display of date values. This post examines this behaviour and describes a method to overcome this issue.
A common question I often see is - how do I filter a table or SharePoint list by month and year? This post describes how to carry out this task using formula that is delegable.
- Error - Unable to modify Dataverse tables with error message, Language id should not be null
- Formula - Transposing/converting rows to columns- an almost impossible task?
- Charts - How to create donut charts
- Settings - The easiest way to find environment id and other settings
- Admin - How to quarantine or block all users from running a specific app
- Learning - Learn Power Apps through the free Microsoft Virtual Training Day events (and receive a free exam)
- Formula - How to round times to the nearest x minutes
- Formulas - Review of how to write formulas using natural language
- Licensing - Microsoft 365 licensing price set to increase in March 2022
- SharePoint - Filtering lists by User() is now delegable
- Dates - How to get the start date from week number
- Data - How to remove/delete a field from a record
- Numbers - 10 examples of how to round numbers
- Dates - How to check if a year is a leap year
- Dates - How to get the week number for a given date
- Dates - How to get the nth weekday for a month
- Dates - How to get the last weekday for a month
- Forms - How to calculate values (eg sums and products) and store the results in SharePoint or other datasource