This post describes how to convert dates in the US format "mm dd yyyy", to "dd mm yyyy" format.
When building apps, there can often be the need to detect overlapping times. This post describes the methodology and formula to carry out this task.
Microsoft Excel stores dates as serial numbers. This post describes this behaviour and shows the formula to convert and display Excel date serial numbers in Power Apps.
When working with dates, there may be the requirement to derrive the start date of a week based on a week number. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
Working with dates, it can sometimes be necessary to work out whether a given year is a leap year. This post describes a technique we can use to carry out this task.
A common requirement is to calculate week numbers. Up till now, this task could be difficult to accomplish but now, Power Apps introduces the WeekNum and ISOWeekNum functions to help simplify this task. This post describes how these two new functions work.
When building apps, it can be very useful to determine the nth workday in a month. For example, what's the 2nd Tuesday in a month, what's the 3rd Wednesday for a month, what's the first Monday (etc)? This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
When building apps, it can be very useful to determine the last workday in a month. For example, what's the last Thursday in a month? This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
For date or scheduling diary type apps, it can be very useful to retrieve a list of days or months that begin on specific day or month. This post describes some formulas that we can use.
The combo box control does not support the display of date values. This post examines this behaviour and describes a method to overcome this issue.
A common question I often see is - how do I filter a table or SharePoint list by month and year? This post describes how to carry out this task using formula that is delegable.
- Apps - What happens to canvas apps when the owner/employee leaves an organisation?
- Dataverse - How to sort the available choice items from a choice column
- Media - How to enable users to create and save screen shots from a canvas app
- What is "Low Code 3.0"?
- Media - How to save the media files from an existing canvas app
- Dataverse - How to connect to SQL Server in Model Driven/Portal apps through virtual tables
- Controls - How to add a clickable image / image button
- Data - How to get a row by ordinal number
- Model driven apps - SQL Server timeout errors
- Shortcuts to Power Apps Studio (https://create.powerapps.com/studio) no longer work - how to fix
- Financial analysts - What's their assessment of Power Apps and the Power Platform?
- Windows - New version of Power Apps for Windows is now available
- Error - Troubleshooting the 'hmmm something went wrong' error
- Employment - How to quickly search all Power Apps vacancies at Microsoft
- Times - How to spoof the current timezone in Power Apps
- Data - How to update SQL and other connection passwords
- Accounts - Will Power Apps soon support multiple work accounts in the same browser session?
- Tools - Convert Excel to Collections Online