One minute guide to building apps with PowerApps
December 2. 2017
Follow these 5 simple steps to get started with PowerApps.
Do you want to understand the process of how to build an app, but don’t have time to read numerous technical articles? If so, here’s a quick summary of what you need to do to build an app. Don’t worry, it shouldn’t take you more than a minute to read this!
- First, visit the Microsoft PowerApps site and create a subscription. Choose the free community edition . This enables you to build apps for development and trial purposes. Note that you need to use a work email address to subscribe. You can’t use Gmail, Hotmail, .Gov, and .Edu and a range of other address types. If you don’t have a work email address, read this.
- Install PowerApps Studio on your Windows 8 or 10 PC from the Microsoft store. This is the application that you use to build apps.
- Start PowerApps Studio and create an app. To help you get started, PowerApps provides sample templates that we can use. When you’re finished, use the menu to save and publish your app.
- Install the PowerApps player on your mobile device by visiting the Android or Apple app stores.
- Finally, open the PowerApps player from your mobile device and run the app that you've just built.
At this stage, you will have now created your first app. To find out more, you can explore the contents of this website, study the official documentation, or visit the forums.
- Beginners guide
- general info