A common requirement is to search records based on date ranges. Example date ranges could include records that have been entered today, this week, this month, this year, etc. This post demonstrates how to build this type of functionality.
We can improve the appearance and clarity of search screens by highlighting the search terms in the search results. This post highlights a method to apply this feature to a gallery control.
If you've been using Power Apps for some time, you'll be familiar with the Choices function - the function that retrieves lookup items from a SharePoint or Dataverse datasource. Following an update to Power Apps, this function now offers the built-in ability to filter the results. This post looks at how this applies to a SharePoint data source.
To make it easier for users to navigate the records from a data source, this post describes how to add an A-Z control to a gallery screen that's based on an SharePoint data source. This control will enable users to view all records that begin with the selected letter.
When adding search capabilities to an app, a very common requirement is to enable users to search by multiple fields and to return all records if no search criteria is entered. This post describes how to carry out this task.
- Formula - Transposing/converting rows to columns- an almost impossible task?
- Charts - How to create donut charts
- Settings - The easiest way to find environment id and other settings
- Admin - How to quarantine or block all users from running a specific app
- Learning - Learn Power Apps through the free Microsoft Virtual Training Day events (and receive a free exam)
- Formula - How to round times to the nearest x minutes
- Formulas - Review of how to write formulas using natural language
- Licensing - Microsoft 365 licensing price set to increase in March 2022
- SharePoint - Filtering lists by User() is now delegable
- Dates - How to get the start date from week number
- Data - How to remove/delete a field from a record
- Numbers - 10 examples of how to round numbers
- Dates - How to check if a year is a leap year
- Dates - How to get the week number for a given date
- Dates - How to get the nth weekday for a month
- Dates - How to get the last weekday for a month
- Forms - How to calculate values (eg sums and products) and store the results in SharePoint or other datasource
- Sums - How to calculate 'year to date' or running totals