Code - The new easier way to pack and unpack canvas app source code
If you're building canvas apps from source code, there's now a much easier way to unpack the source from a source MSAPP file, thanks to the "Power Platform VS Code Extension" for Visual Studio Code. This post describes this new feature.
How Power App builders can more easily connect to code that has been written by pro-developers
Coming soon will be the release of the 'Visual Studio Extensions for Power Platform' - a feature that will allow app builders to more easily integrate features that are built by pro-developers. This post takes a first look at this feature.
Code - How to define a read-only table of static data
From a code project, how do we define a static read-only structure of data, just like what we see when we import static Excel data into an app? In this post, we'll find out where to define this in a project.
Code - Where do we define datasource, table, and field definitions?
In a code project, where is the code that defines the datasources, table, and field definitions? This post describes the relevant places and as an experiment, we'll see whether or not we can hack the data type definition of a SharePoint field. The purpose of this is to try to a bug where Power Apps doesn't recognise numeric calculated SharePoint columns as numbers.
Code - Template Apps - How to unhide/re-enable the data panel
By using the code designer, it's possible to hack the behaviour of how an app appears in Power Apps Studio. In this post, we'll examine the manifest file of a canvas app and look at how to modify the contents to unhide the data panel of an app.
Intro - How to build Canvas Apps with code
An exciting new experimental feature is the ability to extract and to edit the source code of canvas apps. This enables us to develop apps outside of Power Apps studio, integrate with source control systems, and to take advantage that more powerful IDEs such as Visual Studio Code offer. This post introduces this topic, and I'll describe how we can create a simple 'hello world' screen using Visual Studio Code.
- Editor - How to Bring Back the Data Panel in Older Apps
- Microsoft Build 2023 - Best highlights for Power App Builders
- Error - How to fix the "This app isn't opening correctly" / "InsufficientActivePlanForApp" message
- Numbers - How to Format Numbers with a Dollar Symbol the Right Way
- Build - Claim a free "PL-400 Microsoft Power Platform Developer" exam voucher and become Microsoft Certified
- Warning Message - "New cloud service dependency for data residency compliance" - What does this mean?
- Formula - How to add a button that converts degrees Centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa
- Text - How to extract email addresses that are formatted with angle brackets
- Power Apps for Teams: What to Do If Your Environment Gets Disabled or Deleted
- Power Apps and Sunshine at the Iberian Tech Summit 2023
- Reading Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group successfully holds its Q2 2023 meetup
- Editor - What to do if the variables or collections view is missing in Power Apps Studio
- Text - The easiest way to copy text to the clipboard
- Formula - How to convert a single delimited string to rows and columns
- Controls - How to use the Tab List control - Examples
- Formula - How to get the dates for the current week
- What AI features are coming to Power Apps 2023?
- Formula Editor - Why should you enable the new formula bar? Old vs New compared.
Author, software developer,
Power Platform specialist