From a code project, how do we define a static read-only structure of data, just like what we see when we import static Excel data into an app? In this post, we'll find out where to define this in a project.
In a code project, where is the code that defines the datasources, table, and field definitions? This post describes the relevant places and as an experiment, we'll see whether or not we can hack the data type definition of a SharePoint field. The purpose of this is to try to a bug where Power Apps doesn't recognise numeric calculated SharePoint columns as numbers.
By using the code designer, it's possible to hack the behaviour of how an app appears in Power Apps Studio. In this post, we'll examine the manifest file of a canvas app and look at how to modify the contents to unhide the data panel of an app.
- Formulas - The Power Apps canvas app language now has a name!
- What does it take to become a Microsoft Partner that specialises in the Power Platform?
- COVID-19 - How schools can use the "Return to School" app to resume operations
- Model driven apps - 3 use case scenarios of how to set default record values
- Why is Microsoft 365 licensing so confusing?
- SQL - How to show distinct values in the most efficient way
- Formula - How to create comma separated (CSV) list of items
- Formulas - How to hack complex date calculations
- Dataverse - how to access tables from another environment
- Data - Excel vs Google Sheets
- Functions - How to create and use 'user defined functions'
- Power Virtual Agents - How to build and publish a basic chatbot
- Tip - Minimise your Power Platform licensing costs
- Formulas - Generating Row Numbers - Part 3
- General - How to update Office 365 profile details from an app
- General - What happens when we raise a support ticket?
- General - The easiest way to convert phone apps to tablet apps
- Connectors - How to display lists of apps from within an app
- Code - How to define a read-only table of static data
- Formula - How to use the IF and Switch functions - 3 common examples
- Power Virtual Agents - High level overview - what is it, what can it do?
- Code - Can we hack SharePoint ID columns to be delegable using the greater than/less than operators?
- Code - Where do we define datasource, table, and field definitions?
- General - How to apply gradient colours to screens
- General - How to undelete or restore deleted apps