When working with dates and times, a common requirement is to round times up or down to the nearest X minutes. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
Where we need to convert Gregorian date to Islamic Hijri dates, a quick and simple way to carry out this task is to import a static table of lookup values. This post walks through how to apply this technique.
A common requirement to filter a list of records by date. This post describes the formula to carry out three common tasks - how to filter records by a specific date, today's date, or a range of dates. We also cover the formula to return all dates, if the user does not select a date.
They can often be the requirement to return all working days in a month, particularly in cases where we develop timesheet or reporting type apps. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
We can use calculated columns to calculate the difference between two date/time values. The available functions that apply to date fields work only between columns of the same behaviour type. This can cause problems, mostly in cases where we need to calculate an elapsed duration with the help of the Now() function. This post examines this issue, and offers a quick overview on how to define a calculated column.
- Formula - Transposing/converting rows to columns- an almost impossible task?
- Charts - How to create donut charts
- Settings - The easiest way to find environment id and other settings
- Admin - How to quarantine or block all users from running a specific app
- Learning - Learn Power Apps through the free Microsoft Virtual Training Day events (and receive a free exam)
- Formula - How to round times to the nearest x minutes
- Formulas - Review of how to write formulas using natural language
- Licensing - Microsoft 365 licensing price set to increase in March 2022
- SharePoint - Filtering lists by User() is now delegable
- Dates - How to get the start date from week number
- Data - How to remove/delete a field from a record
- Numbers - 10 examples of how to round numbers
- Dates - How to check if a year is a leap year
- Dates - How to get the week number for a given date
- Dates - How to get the nth weekday for a month
- Dates - How to get the last weekday for a month
- Forms - How to calculate values (eg sums and products) and store the results in SharePoint or other datasource
- Sums - How to calculate 'year to date' or running totals