If you need to convert an input value in minutes into hours and minutes, this post describes the formula to carry out this task.
When working with dates and times, a common requirement is to round times up or down to the nearest X minutes. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
Where we need to convert Gregorian date to Islamic Hijri dates, a quick and simple way to carry out this task is to import a static table of lookup values. This post walks through how to apply this technique.
A common requirement to filter a list of records by date. This post describes the formula to carry out three common tasks - how to filter records by a specific date, today's date, or a range of dates. We also cover the formula to return all dates, if the user does not select a date.
They can often be the requirement to return all working days in a month, particularly in cases where we develop timesheet or reporting type apps. This post describes the formula to carry out this task.
We can use calculated columns to calculate the difference between two date/time values. The available functions that apply to date fields work only between columns of the same behaviour type. This can cause problems, mostly in cases where we need to calculate an elapsed duration with the help of the Now() function. This post examines this issue, and offers a quick overview on how to define a calculated column.
- Editor - How to see changes that other app-makers are making in real time
- Copilot - A cautionary example of how Copilot can write formula that's completely incorrect!
- How to open component libraries - component library option missing in app menu 2023
- Apps - The easiest way to determine the OS and browser details of the end user device
- DevOps - Quickstart guide to setting up DevOps and enabling multiple app builders to simultaneously edit canvas apps
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work