Ignite is a prominent event in the Microsoft event calendar, which returns on October 12th to 14th 2022.
If you're interested in the Power Platform, I'd recommend that you sign up through the link beneath.
The conference is available online and there'll be product announcements and talks from leading industry experts.
Like previous years, an added incentive is that attendees can receive free Microsoft Certification exams by completing the Cloud Skills Challenge. At the time of writing, the cost of taking a Microsoft exam is $165 so this is a great deal for those who are interested.
What exams are free?
Here's a list of the available exams:
- AZ-305: Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions
- DP-100: Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure
- MB-240: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service Functional Consultant
- MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams
- MS-720: Microsoft Teams Voice Engineer
- PL-100: Microsoft Power Platform App Maker
- SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
Full terms and conditions are here...
We receive a free voucher by completing one of the following 7 Cloud Skills Challenges. We have until 9th November 2022 to complete the challenge.
- Intelligent Cloud Challenge
- AI Automation Challenge
- Cloud App Maker Challenge
- Field Service Automation Challenge
- Cloud Developer Challenge
- Modern Work Challenge
- Protect Everything Challenge
What are the contents of the Cloud App Maker Challenge?
For Power App builders, one of the most relevant challenges is the 'Cloud App Maker Challenge'. This challenge includes the following content:
>> Create low-code solutions to simplify and automate tasks and processes for yourself and your team. Learn how to turn your understanding of your data and the issues that need to be resolved into automated processes and app experiences with the Cloud App Maker Challenge.
What's in the "PL-100 Microsoft Power Platform App Maker" exam?
Completing the 'Cloud App Maker Challenge (or any of the other challenges), Microsoft will credit one exam voucher to our Microsoft Learn profile by November 18, 2022.
The PL-100 exam is the most relevant exam for Power App Makers, and there are more details about this exam in the link below.
The following study guide provides full details on what's included in this exam and is summarised beneath.
Design business solutions (20–25%)Create a high-level design
• Identify existing data sources needed to support a business solution
• Describe the expected user experience for targeted devices and describe the differences between Microsoft Power Platform app types
• Create a high-level structure for a new data source
Identify Microsoft Power Platform components
• Determine the required Power Apps app type for a business solution
• Determine when to use Dataverse for Teams
• Map a problem domain to Microsoft Power Platform tools
• Identify options for implementing business logic
• Describe connectors
• Describe uses cases for cloud flows and desktop flows
• Describe use cases for chatbots in Microsoft Teams
Design the user interface (UI) for a business solution
• Identify opportunities for component reuse
• Select UI elements for canvas apps
• Identify the model-driven forms and Microsoft Dataverse views that are needed
Design reporting and visualizations for business solutions
• Select reporting options for business solutions including views, Power BI visualizations, and dashboards
• Define visualizations for Power BI dashboards
• Define visualizations for model-driven dashboards
• Define visualizations for canvas apps
Analyze and visualize data (10–15%)Create and consume Power BI dashboards
• Create a simple report from an existing dataset by using Power BI Service
• Create Power BI dashboards from existing reports
• Create and configure model-driven dashboards
• Embed Power BI dashboards and tiles in canvas apps and model-driven apps
• Share Power BI dashboards
Describe AI Builder models
• Describe use cases for AI Builder
• Describe differences between prebuilt models and custom models
• Describe the process for training custom models
• Use a model from within Power Automate or Power Apps
Create business solutions (60–65%)Manage Microsoft Power Platform components during development
• Create a Dataverse solution
• Import a Dataverse solution
• Import or export a canvas app or a cloud flow
• Add existing apps and flows to a Dataverse solution
Create model-driven apps
• Compose model-driven apps
• Create and configure Dataverse table forms
• Create and configure Dataverse table views
• Share model-driven apps with other users and groups
• Create and configure model-driven dashboards
Create and manage canvas apps
• Connect to data sources in canvas apps
• Interpret App Checker results
• Manage versions of canvas apps
• Publish canvas apps
• Share canvas apps with other users and groups
• Build canvas apps screens
• Add canvas app assets and components to screens
Create screens for canvas apps
• Determine when to use forms, galleries, button, labels, input controls, images, and custom controls
• Configure UI elements
• Implement Power Fx formulas
• Implement collections and variables
• Run a Power Automate flow from a canvas app
Configure Microsoft Dataverse
• Create tables and table columns based on a data model
• Link tables by using lookups
Describe use cases and capabilities of business rules
• Create Dataverse business rules
• Describe how Dataverse uses role-based access control (RBAC)
• Add table permissions to existing Dataverse security roles
Create Power Automate flows
• Describe types of triggers for cloud flows
• Create cloud flows
• Configure triggers for cloud flows
• Configure flow steps
• Test a cloud flow
• Implement conditional logic for a cloud flow
• Create approvals and monitor the approval process by using Power Automate and Microsoft Teams
• Share cloud flows
• Create a desktop flow for personal use
Create Power Virtual Agents chatbots in Microsoft Teams
• Identify use cases and capabilities for chatbots
• Create a chatbot that uses topics and trigger phrases
• Test a chatbot
• Publish a chatbot
If you're interested in Microsoft Power Platform exams, a great way to receive a free exam voucher is by attending the Ignite conference and completing a cloud skills challenge.