It's now possible to execute SQL Stored Procedures more directly from Power Apps. This post walks through a demonstration of how to do this.
If you want to build model-driven or portal apps and want to connect to data sources other than Dataverse, it's now much easier to do so with the 'Virtual Connector Provider'. This post walks through how to set up a virtual table based on a SQL Server table, and to use it in a model-driven/portal app.
SQL Server tables can be set up with primary keys that are of data type GUID/uniqueidentifier. Power App forms do not work against these tables without some slight modification. This post describes how to add and edit records against tables with a GUID primary key column, using a form.
SQL - What to do when edit/add/delete options missing from an app, or edit controls unavailable in forms
If you're unable to add or edit data from a SQL Server table, the most likely cause is a missing primary key column. This post describes how to fix this issue.
When we build search screens or filter data against a SQL Server data source, we may want to specify whether Power Apps carries out a case sensitive, or case insensitive search. This post describes the behaviour of case sensitivity when we search data from Power Apps.
One thing that can catch out app builders is that the Distinct function is not delegable. This post illustrates this problem through an example that shows how the distinct function may not return all records that we expect.
In cases where we need to join tables and to display details from related tables, the most efficient way to perform this task is to use a view. This post provides an introduction on how to display related data on a gallery control, and how to configure an app to update a record that a users selects through a gallery control that is connected to a view.
In cases where we need to display non English data, there can be the requirement to sort data using langauge specific sort sequences. With SQL Server data sources, we apply custom sort sequences through collation settings, and this post describes how to apply this technique to a Power App.
A very common requirement is to show distinct values from a SQL Server table. The most efficient way to accomplish this is to build a view. This post walks through how to carry out this task.
We can more easily access records in Dataverse by enabling the TDS protocol. This opens up read-only access to tables through SQL Management Studio and PowerBI. In this post, we'll look at why we might want to do this and the steps to set this up.
Bulk updating SQL data from Power Apps can be very slow. Read this to find out why.
- Editor - How to see changes that other app-makers are making in real time
- Copilot - A cautionary example of how Copilot can write formula that's completely incorrect!
- How to open component libraries - component library option missing in app menu 2023
- Apps - The easiest way to determine the OS and browser details of the end user device
- DevOps - Quickstart guide to setting up DevOps and enabling multiple app builders to simultaneously edit canvas apps
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work