When an employee leaves an organisation, what happens to the apps that they've built? Can other employees continue to edit and access the apps?
If you work frequently with Power Apps, it's a good idea to create browser bookmarks to help quickly navigate to the most commonly used areas. This describes the fomrat of the URLs that we can add as bookmarks.
This post summarises the languages that Power Apps supports and describes an easy way to run Power Apps Studio in the language of our choice.
A new, much improved model driven app designer is now available in preview! This post takes a first look at this designer, including how to access the designer, and a high level overview of the new features.
The 'app in day' course provides a great introduction to Power Apps, and is up to date (as of May 2021). Read this post to find out more, including where to download the course content.
Within organisations, it's usually necessary to build apps that comply with corporate branding styles. A common requirement is to build apps that share the same colours, font styles, and overall look and feel. To help with this requirement, the CoE starter kit provides a theming solution and this post introduces how this works.
Does Power Apps still support IE? If so, for how much longer? Are there any issues with running Power Apps on IE? This post explores some of these common questions.
How app design will become much easier with the new converged/integrated canvas and model driven app designer
Developing apps will become much easier with the new integrated designer. This post takes a first look at how this looks.
The easiest way to convert a canvas phone app to a tablet app is to use the 'phone to tablet app' converter. This post walks through this process, and verifies that it still works today (in 2021).
Sending messages with the Outlook connector can be tricky. What's the syntax to specify multiple recipients, BCC/CC recipients, the 'From' and 'Reply-to' email addresses, the message importance and attachments? How do we define line breaks in the message body? This post will answer all of these common questions.
How do we change the display language of Power Apps Studio? In this post, we'll take a brief look at the language settings and find out where to change the display language.
The 2021 Release Wave 1 plan describes the Power Platform features that are scheduled for release between April 2021 and September 2021. What features have been planned for Power Apps? In this post, I'll provide a brief summary of the Power Apps features in the plan.
Help - my app isn't picking up correct location/GPS values! If the location features aren't working, it might be due to these reasons that I most commonly see.
The settings area has now received a new look! Let's compare how the new look compares against the old, including a nostalgic look at what it contained, way back in 2017.
Why doesn't my app work today?? If your app worked fine yesterday and suddenly stops, or works differently today, it's possible that an update to Power Apps has broken your app. If this happens to you, here's what you can try to restore your app to a working state.
- Editor - How to see changes that other app-makers are making in real time
- Copilot - A cautionary example of how Copilot can write formula that's completely incorrect!
- How to open component libraries - component library option missing in app menu 2023
- Apps - The easiest way to determine the OS and browser details of the end user device
- DevOps - Quickstart guide to setting up DevOps and enabling multiple app builders to simultaneously edit canvas apps
- Bug - What to do when the Power Apps editor shows an empty grey screen
- Apps - How to launch a child Power App in the Windows version of Power Apps
- Controls - How to build a component for users to enter numbers with a set of connected slider and text input controls
- Dates - How to format date day numbers with suffix (st nd rd th)
- Dataverse - How to build an edit form to set the parent account for a contact record
- How to split the URL parameter name and values from a hyperlink
- Dataverse - How to use a checkbox control a set a yes/no field in Dataverse
- Sample App - Check out this great example of a calculator app
- Data - How to Validate UK National Insurance Numbers
- Dynamics 365 and Power Platform User Group Q3 2023 meetup - A Night of Networking and Learning
- AI - Tips for creating Dataverse tables with Co-Pilot
- SQL - How to call SQL Server Stored procedures more easily with the help of Dataverse plugins
- Bug - What to do when the data section of the Power Apps Maker portal doesn't work