At some point, many app builders want to use the SharePoint feature to import Excel data into a new list. There's a 'knack' to doing this and in this post, I'll describe the settings to make this process as smooth as possible.
With SQL Server, there is a bug that prevents us from filtering datetime columns with equality operators. All SQL Server app builders should be aware of, and this post describes the behaviour of this bug in more detail, including workarounds to the problem.
The "Explicit Column Selection" setting improves the performance of our apps. But how exactly does it work, and what problems can it cause? This post describes the setting in more detail, including demonstrations of behaviour with traces.
Find out how to install and connect to a local SQL Server with the on-premises gateway
If you're completely new to SQL Server, this post will show you how to install an on-premise instance of SQL Server.
It's important to understand how PowerApps behaves in terms of case sensitivity. Here are 3 things you should be aware of.
If you want to build charts or images that can change depending on data, here are some blog posts you should definitely read.
Before you choose to Excel as a data source, you must read this.
Before you use SharePoint as a data source, make sure to read this to find out what problems you might encounter.
Find out how to display row numbers against records.
- Controls - How to Transition/Show/Hide controls with a Sliding Effect
- Formulas - How to calculate the distance between 2 points
- SharePoint - How to Patch the 6 most complex data types
- GPS - 3 Frequent Questions about Location Services
- Settings - Old Layout vs New Layout (2021)
- SQL - How can we count rows accurately?
- SQL - Have you seen these Power Platform options in SQL Azure portal?
- SharePoint - Beware of numeric calculated columns!
- SharePoint – 2 Mistakes to avoid when importing Excel data
- Settings - What does the Delayed Load setting do?
- What to do when some part your app breaks, or starts behaving differently?
- 5 Tips for when you can't sign into Power Apps
- Forms - How to conditionally make form fields mandatory
- SQL - Don't let this DateTime bug catch you out!
- Settings - What's the purpose of the "Explicit Column Selection" Setting?
- 10 Great Ideas to Improve Power Apps
- What Power App features can we expect in 2021?
- Top New Power App Features from 2020
- Formulas - Generating Row Numbers - Part 2
- Data - How to access nested collections/tables
- SQL Server for Beginners Part 3 - Installing On-Premises Gateway
- SQL Server for Beginners Part 2 - Installing Management Studio
- SQL Server for Beginners Part 1 - Installing SQL Server
- Sample Apps– How to auto save forms, carry out translations, and much more!
- Searching data–What you need to know about case sensitivity