The "Explicit Column Selection" setting improves the performance of our apps. But how exactly does it work, and what problems can it cause? This post describes the setting in more detail, including demonstrations of behaviour with traces.
In this post, I review the Power Apps ideas forum and I highlight 10 great ideas that I think would make a big improvement to the product.
With 2021 just begining, here are my predictions on some of the features that may appear in 2021.
2020 was a great year for Power Apps, with many new features and additions. In this post, I summarise some the top features that were added in 2020.
Here's a technique to display row numbers against a sorted set of data in a gallery control.
If you're struggling to access records in nested collections/tables, here's some example syntax.
Find out how to install and connect to a local SQL Server with the on-premises gateway
If you're completely new to SQL Server, this post will show you how to install an on-premise instance of SQL Server.
Both new and experienced app builders should look at Mr Dang's 'design patterns' app. Read this to find out more, and to also find out how to setup Microsoft Cognitive Services with PowerApps.
It's important to understand how PowerApps behaves in terms of case sensitivity. Here are 3 things you should be aware of.
If you want to build charts or images that can change depending on data, here are some blog posts you should definitely read.
How do you extract sections of a string? Here are some code samples that can help you.
Don't know what data source to use? Read this to find out which data source can best suit your needs.
Bulk updating SQL data from Power Apps can be very slow. Read this to find out why.
Coming soon! Guest access for PowerApps...
Before you choose to Excel as a data source, you must read this.
Before you use SharePoint as a data source, make sure to read this to find out what problems you might encounter.
PowerApps wins the PC Magazine 'Editors Choice' award.
Read this to find out how to compare against other fields whilst carrying out validation.
- Location - Finding the closest location and and sorting records by distance, based on the current location of the user
- SQL - Security - How can users hack shared SQL connections?
- SQL - How NOT to name database tables, columns, and objects
- Formulas - How to cope with weekends and public holidays in date calculations
- Licensing - What license do I have?
- Dataverse - How to Patch the 5 most complex data types
- Controls - How to Transition/Show/Hide controls with a Sliding Effect
- Formulas - How to calculate the distance between 2 points
- SharePoint - How to Patch the 6 most complex data types
- GPS - 3 Frequent Questions about Location Services
- Settings - Old Layout vs New Layout (2021)
- SQL - How can we count rows accurately?
- SQL - Have you seen these Power Platform options in SQL Azure portal?
- SharePoint - Beware of numeric calculated columns!
- SharePoint – 2 Mistakes to avoid when importing Excel data
- Settings - What does the Delayed Load setting do?
- What to do when some part your app breaks, or starts behaving differently?
- 5 Tips for when you can't sign into Power Apps
- Forms - How to conditionally make form fields mandatory
- SQL - Don't let this DateTime bug catch you out!
- Settings - What's the purpose of the "Explicit Column Selection" Setting?
- 10 Great Ideas to Improve Power Apps
- What Power App features can we expect in 2021?
- Top New Power App Features from 2020
- Formulas - Generating Row Numbers - Part 2